“Great for kids”

World of Country Life
Ranked #3 of 44 things to do in Exmouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Devon's multi-award-winning all-weather day out for the whole family! You can ride on the deer train or take a goat for a walk! Get up close to the animals in the pet centre or burn off some energy in one of the three different soft play areas, Pirate Ship Adventure or outdoor adventure playground. There's also a museum of farming and an indoor Victorian Street, featuring a dairy, cottage & pub! The vintage & classic car collection features vehicles that have appeared in Downton Abbey, Mr Selfridge & Parade's End. Then there's the steam engines and Reg Imray motorcycle collection. To top it all off there are daily ferret, lamb or duck racing shows and the excellent Hawkridge Bird of Prey flying display. Refuel at Farmer Lee's Food Barn restaurant or grab some local food to go from the Pasty Shack! With so much to see, come rain or shine, can you do it all in a day?!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We didn't have to walk far to get in and the prices were okay, our children aged 10 and 3 really enjoyed the animals and the activities and the bird display. The area was clean and plenty of exciting things to do.

ManagerWoCL, Manager at World of Country Life, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Glad to hear you and your children had a great day out! Thanks for the review, come again soon!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"bird show"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2014

I went to here on a day trip with my daughter and mum and grandparents. on entry staff are very friendly and appeared to be a good day. walking round my nan who is wheelchair bound needed the toilet which was being the pirate ship upon opening the door was hit by a awful smell which was the nappy bin that had not been emptied in a while. also it is very small and not easy to move around. The restraunt was one of the worst I have been in and if going would recommend bringing a picnic. We choose the restraunt as where there should have been light bites was not open and the takeaway hut was manic and people kept pushing in the queue. We waited for about 15 mins at the sign which says wait to be seated after which one of the ladies waiting came over to say sit where you want. which was a problem with a buggy and a wheelchair. We had to clean our own table. We went to order some Sandwichs were we were told there would be an hour wait. We waited as we needed something and there was no where else open. The coffee that we ordered appeared in an ordinary glass which we could not hold for ages without getting burnt. The food when it did turn out was half and half. The chips were good but Sandwichs were unacceptable badly filled and rushed. Other then the food the rest of the day was enjoyable my daughter loved all the animals and the train. I will come back again just with a picnic next time.

ManagerWoCL, Manager at World of Country Life, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm really sorry your experience of the restaurant was anything less than excellent. I will pass your comments on to the catering team. All feedback is helpful for us to try and ensure that all aspects of the park contribute to an all-round fantastic day out for everyone so thanks again for the feedback. I'm glad to see that despite your experience in the restaurant, you and your daughter enjoyed the day and will be coming back again. I hope you find on your return a more enjoyable dining experience. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

we took my 6year old grandson here and he loved it the free bird show was brilliant and being able to get close to the animals was nice

Glad to hear you had such a great trip and your grandson enjoyed the Hawkridge flying display. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed August 29, 2014

We visited World of Country life on Tuesday this week as for once the sun was out and we wanted a great day out for 4 generations of our family aged from 5 to 82! We had visited before a few years ago and had a great time so were keen to go back. We weren't disappointed, compared to a lot of attractions I think that this place offers excellent value for money. We arrived at 10:30 and left at 5pm when the park closed so it's great for a full family day out. Our favourite activity is the goat walking which my 5 year old loved and my Grandmother found hilarious! We also enjoyed the ferret racing and Deer train which caused lots of laughs! The play areas here are extensive and well maintained and I particularly like the fact that there is plenty of indoor play available in case of bad weather. The bird of prey display was also interesting and the big slide good fun too. I would thoroughly recommend the world of country life, excellent value, decent refreshments available and the lovely helpful staff are the icing on the cake.

Great to hear to had such a fantastic day out and all 4 generations of your family enjoyed the visit! Thank you for such a lovely review and I'll pass your kind words on to the rest of the team here. See you again soon I hope!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2014

My children (aged 4 and 6) love the world of country life. We get a summer pass every year which is excellent value, you only need to go twice to make a saving. But it is well worth visiting and paying full price if you are on holiday in the area. There is so much to do! My son loves all the old engines and machines. There is a massive steam engine the children can go on and fiddle with the controls. There are also two small trains the kids can also go on. I have never seen this anywhere else, normally you can look and not touch! There is a great outdoor play area with the usual swings etc but also a zip wire. There's are two really big slides and two undercover play areas and a pirate ship surrounded by sand also undercover. There are lots of animals, goats to walk and lambs and calves to feed. Birds of prey too. There are lots of table indoors and out to eat picnics and there is a restaurant where you can eat in or take away. There really is so much to do it is a full day out!!

ManagerWoCL, Manager at World of Country Life, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

So glad to hear you and your children enjoy visiting us and come back year after year! Thanks for the lovely review - see you again soon!