“XMAS EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Exmouth
Belfast, United Kingdom
“XMAS EXPERIENCE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for three nights upto 241212,the experience was not as advertised.There were only two guests in the hotel the other guest was the hotel electrician.There was no meals availible except breakfast and on my day of departure the staff were in a hurry for me to leave so they could close the hotel.I found it a very poor experience the receptionist was also the cook and i will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank geoff h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

stayed here after being recommended by the Tourism Board and from the moment i check in till time I left this was a fantastic hotel.Soon as I walked in was greeted with a smiling face and felt like I was really welcome. I booked a single but kindly given a double room at no extra cost.
The room was decorated with warm colours & absolutely spotless with everything from the plush curtains to a superb comfy bed.
The staff couldnt do enough for me and wouldn't hesitate for any of my family and friends to stay here.
I had to dept early so was glad to see breakfast started at 7.30 which was served up with a smile and very tasty. Wish I could cook poached eggs like that. !
I worked in a family owned Travel Agent for over 12 yrs as a Manager so travelled alot but this hotel is in my top 5 of best stays.
This is a jewel and wish could go back tomorrow. Everyone at The Dolphin Hotel should be very proud of the service they offer .

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank siskinmarch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I stay at the Dolphin hotel for a girls birthday weekend away The location is just perfect, a couple of mins walk to the beach and the town centre with plenty of pubs and restaurants to choose from.
We arrived to a very helpful receptionist who managed to arrange parking, show us to our rooms and she even helped with all our bags which was great after traveling .
The rooms were bright and modern and very clean with plenty of room for our group to relax and enjoy our weekend away.
Couldn't fault the huge choice at breakfast as a few of us are fussy eaters, so that was a nice surprise
We all really enjoyed our stay as it was a welcoming place to stay and have already booked another girls trip for the summer, when the sun is shining hopefully !!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed at The Dolphin and found it to be great on every level. Staff were friendly and professional, breakfast was great and the room I stayed in was very comfortable and clean. Also, only a very short walk to the beach! Would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have just spent three nights at this great little hotel in Exmouth, Devon. The room was modern, exceptionally clean and well appointed as was the en-suite. Most importantly, I found the staff very friendly and willing to make my stay all the better and the breakfast was the best I have had in a hotel for a long time.

Most importantly too was the location...I walked down to the sea front in less than 5 minutes and then on to Exmouth in even less. Exmouth, perhaps not the most exciting place but easy to find good places to eat and plenty of bars.

Overall a huge and very pleasant surprise!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JoeCort
Carnate, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed 6 nights in January. The room and the bed looked alright. The second night I had suspicions that my mattress had been changed because I could feel all the springs moving under my back as a collapsed mattress would do.

The bathroom mirror light was not working, no towel rail or anywhere else to hang a towel, the shower had hardly any pressure, one morning it even took 3 to 4 minutes for any water to come out at all - maybe due to many people having a shower at the same time? The shower area was so small you couldn't move without the plastic curtain sticking to your body. I thought the condition was due to me bargaining the price down for my stay but this should not be an excuses for such a condition.

After my complaint the mattress was changed, the light bulb replaced although though still nowhere to hang my towel. Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly.

I've been in the hotel trade for many years and in different countries, my stay at the Dolphin Hotel was a very disappointing experience. The next time I come to Exmouth I will certainly avoid the Dolphin. I only paid £160 for the 6 nights but it wasn't even worth that much.

It's my opinion that whenever a guest arrives at any hotel the room should be checked before-hand so that the customer doesn't have to complain.

Room Tip: Avoid room 22.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
14 Thank Ernesto_Vignoli
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

On arrival I was made to feel extremely welcome, room was lovely big and quite (I had booked a singel room and was upgraded FOC to a large double) it was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated, the bathroom was clean and tidy and the shower was lovely and hot. The management and receptionist went out of thier way to ensure I enjoyed my stay, they even lent me a phone charger when i realized I had forgot to bring mine, Breakfast was made using fresh tasty ingredients and the dining room was lovely and clean, there is a very nice bar and lounge area with WIFI access and my T mobile dongle and 02 blackberry internet services worked fine in my room. The location is geat, only a couple of mins walk to the beach and shops.
The price I paid represented great value and i have paid double the price for a lot worse.

Overall, great stay and would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: I was in room 27, top floor, lovely and quite!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business