“Never Again!”

The Dolphin Hotel Exmouth
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Exmouth
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed 6 nights in January. The room and the bed looked alright. The second night I had suspicions that my mattress had been changed because I could feel all the springs moving under my back as a collapsed mattress would do.

The bathroom mirror light was not working, no towel rail or anywhere else to hang a towel, the shower had hardly any pressure, one morning it even took 3 to 4 minutes for any water to come out at all - maybe due to many people having a shower at the same time? The shower area was so small you couldn't move without the plastic curtain sticking to your body. I thought the condition was due to me bargaining the price down for my stay but this should not be an excuses for such a condition.

After my complaint the mattress was changed, the light bulb replaced although though still nowhere to hang my towel. Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly.

I've been in the hotel trade for many years and in different countries, my stay at the Dolphin Hotel was a very disappointing experience. The next time I come to Exmouth I will certainly avoid the Dolphin. I only paid £160 for the 6 nights but it wasn't even worth that much.

It's my opinion that whenever a guest arrives at any hotel the room should be checked before-hand so that the customer doesn't have to complain.

Room Tip: Avoid room 22.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
14  Thank Ernesto_Vignoli

Reviewed January 22, 2013

On arrival I was made to feel extremely welcome, room was lovely big and quite (I had booked a singel room and was upgraded FOC to a large double) it was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated, the bathroom was clean and tidy and the shower was lovely and hot. The management and receptionist went out of thier way to ensure I enjoyed my stay, they even lent me a phone charger when i realized I had forgot to bring mine, Breakfast was made using fresh tasty ingredients and the dining room was lovely and clean, there is a very nice bar and lounge area with WIFI access and my T mobile dongle and 02 blackberry internet services worked fine in my room. The location is geat, only a couple of mins walk to the beach and shops.
The price I paid represented great value and i have paid double the price for a lot worse.

Overall, great stay and would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: I was in room 27, top floor, lovely and quite!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Concaj1
Reviewed January 21, 2013

we checked into this hotel as it was near to the town and seemed to have good reviews. the only downside was the lack of parking having a motorhome it was not easy . However they let us have a permit for a car park close by which proved to be ok. It is tucked away in a small residential area so finding it with our satnav was not easy, but we eventually managed it. The breakfast which is included in the price was excellent, and the waiting staff were lovely. All in all we enjoyed our visit - rooms comfortable and quiet and warm.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Dolphin Hotel was brilliant 2 ground floor disabled rooms, the Hotel was spotless and the staff could not of been more helpful if they tried. I have been back with my family since and I have just booked for May 2013 a definite must for anyone looking to stay in Exmouth, close to beach, shops, train and bus station. A massive "Thank you" to Jo and her team for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kelly h
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is just excellent. My stay was just for 1 night, travelling solo. Five minutes walk from the train station, and all was ready for me when I arrived at 1.30pm. The double room - and the ensuite - would have been a touch small for a couple, but great for me. I thought the price was fantastically good - £32 for B&B for one. Very friendly people, very adequate breakfast, and all in all an enexpected pleasure

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here beginning of December as part of a wedding party.. The owner and staff of the hotel were really friendly.. Nothing was too much trouble for them.. They made us all feel very welcome.. Rooms were really tidy and clean.. Basic but as a bed and breakfast it was ideal.. And the breakfast in the morning was delicious, there was a varied choice to choose from.. Really was value for money and would stay there again

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kirstyg88
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had a business appointment in Exmouth on the 30th Nov 2012. As we lived in Peacehaven and my partner finished work at 8pm, I contacted the hotel to make sure they could open for us at midnight. They did this and also reserved parking for us also. I feel they went out of their way for us for our one night stay.

The room was lovely and the bed was comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised with the dining room, it had a very fresh looking decor and we enjoyed our breakfast. The staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business