“A few problems keep this place from being rated higher”
Review of American House of Pancakes - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
American House of Pancakes
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The food is fine-- I've had burgers, club sandwiches, pancakes, the chicken wrap...all hot and tasty. Food comes fairly quickly...no complaints there. I LIKE eating outside though, and their "could be" great deck just needs some TLC. Better lighting in the evening, and some sprucing up. There's a lower part of the deck that for some reason they are using as a dump. Inside---it's not amazing, tables a little sticky sometimes. Tellico Village doesn't have a ton of places to eat, so AHOP could really be a hot spot, but this is a picky clientele. They have entertainment on weekends....outside on the deck, which is fun. Don't know what they'll do in the winter, with not enough room to continue that inside. I think the place has a lot of potential, but it's gonna take sharper management to polish it up. The location has changed hands a few times in the last couple years, it'd be nice to see someone get in there and make it last.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Ate at the one in Madisonville TN, the food was great there but the service was slow and a little surly.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I've visited the restaurant three times since it opened in the old Catino's location. I ate lunch inside during opening week; again the following week, and my wife and I had a Sunday breakfast on the patio about two weeks later. The breakfast/lunch/dinner menu is lengthy and diverse - way beyond what you'd expect in pancake place. Portions are LARGE (basic hamburger is more than 6 oz). Quality is proportional to the price. You don't pay much, so don't expect much. As I watch this small venue settle down, two things are not improving. Wait staff needs better leadership. Management has an internal focus pretty much ignoring customers to address servers' logistic and organizational issues with no evident interest in service improvement. Communicates to me: "We wouldn't have all these problems if there weren't customers." The wait staff learns quickly and is losing touch with guests. A larger problem is the lack of cleanliness. Looking through the window behind the cashier into the kitchen, I found it hard to believe they scored a '94' health rating. At the very least, housekeeping needs to be greatly improved - and I wasn't expecting a palace for patio pricing.

1  Thank Vistar