“Very Good "go to" place!”
Review of Classico Italian - CLOSED

Classico Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We have lived in Tellico for some time now and visit Classico often for lunch because of their special weekday pricing. The lunch includes salad, entree and drink. We also go to Classico for dinner from time to time because prices and food are very good.

We like the specialty pizzas, eggplant parmesan, meatballs and lots of other Italian specialties including good daily specials. Very good food even if the service is spotty at times.

They now offer great music and entertainment several nights each month and they are getting a great response.

There are newer reviews for Classico Italian

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I just recently moved to Tellico after living in Los Angeles, CA. I happen to be at the consignment shop next door and decided to stop in at Classico Italian and order a Hawaiian pizza to go. My order was taken immediately and the staff was caring and patient. The restaurant was clean and had the Italian vibe and the pizza was delicious its pricier then some places but this little gem of a restaurant is close to home and convenient and now I know the pizza is excellent that sometimes we will pay a little extra for that and I will be back again as I would love to try some other items on their menu.

3  Thank DCheng11
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to Classico for the first time last night. And we're glad we did. It was pretty crowded but we were seated promptly and the waitress appeared quickly. We had the Eggplant Rollatini and Lasagna. Both were great, nicely spiced and fresh. I'm picky about my eggplant and they did it well. The dishes came with a salad or garlic knots to start. The salads were pretty good, had a little carrot, tomato and cucumber. My only complaint - like most restaurants around here, there are few low fat dressings. They at least had raspberry vinaigrette. The eggplant came with a dish of spaghetti and tomato sauce. It tasted fresh and nicely spiced. It's not a fancy place, no wine. But you can BYOB. They have beer, and the waitress was nice enough to tell us that we could get a pitcher of Peroni for just a bit more that 2 beers. There was a band playing mostly folk music with a little country. They were good and it wasn't too loud. We'll definitely go back and will probably get pizza as takeout. They did a steady business of take out while we were there.

2  Thank Jan L
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been to this restaurant twice. The food has been good but the service questionable. During the first visit, our salads arrived at the same time our entrees. The second time it took over 10 minutes to pay our bill at the cash register. They seem to have problems with priorities of paying customers versus people placing take-out orders. There were only two tables with people at them with two waitresses to handle the customers. They should have been able to handle it. Hearing "I'm sorry" three times during one dinner doesn't make up for the service. We'll go back but it may be 6 months from now.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Note that most of the reviews are by people who live in the Village. Most of those people are northerners. Most Italian food served in the north is bland. I would pay a bit more to get a nice salad, decent sized lemon to squeeze, no plastic over the tablecloth, warmed rolls with real butter, and some seasoning. But, I'm not their target audience.

5  Thank Kelly F