“A real gem in an Idyllic setting” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tarr Farm Inn

Tarr Farm Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Tarr Steps B&B and Inns
“A real gem in an Idyllic setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The perfect place to stay for a romantic weekend away! Particularly good if you like scenic country walks and don't mind the lack of a phone signal! The accommodation was fabulous and well deserving of its 5* rating. We found the staff to be incredibly welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The food was superb and I can't recommend it highly enough. We will definitely be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This Inn is set in the most wonderful countryside, and well worth a visit after a lovely walk around the Tarr Steps area. The service was good and he food delicious. There were plenty of tables outside as it was a sunny day, and very pleasant watching the world go by.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Canterbury, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was our second visit to Tarr Farm. We adore the tranquility and isolation of this stunning place which is a welcome break from our busy and hectic lives. The quality of the food is excellent and the Valentine's sharing menu went down a treat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank Rachel-Willetts
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

What a treat! I never realised Beef Gruyere Ciabatta Roll accompanied by the chips could taste so good. It was just about the most delicious lunch I've eaten washed down by a pint of local ale. Previously I've only ever stopped for a pint in the garden. This is a delight too as even your less common birds hop to the tables to be treated (but don't bother you if you don't). I just wish I'd eaten here before.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bridgend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

What a gem ,we called at Tarr Farm for lunch on 10th Jan .The lady on duty at bar
was very hospitable We were very surprised by the road sign telling you not to go past CAR PARK on way down . You can go down ,there is a car park.We will be back to have moor of
the wonderfull food

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aviemore, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Have returned from a visit to Tar Steps. A beautiful tourist attraction on Exmoor in Devon..while there we stopped at the Tarr farm inn...lovely cosy cottage type of inn ..with an open fire..friendly service and a lovely lunch..would love to return..bit of a walk from the car park tho. .if you are unsteady on your feet on a bit older..

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hellrock
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

This pub and hotel is in a fabulous location right next to the Tarr Steps however I feel that it takes advantage of that fact by feeling that the staff do not have to be as hospitable as you might expect.

We arrived at 11.00 am on a cold but sunny day and thought we'd grab some breakfast. We were soon advised that they didn't do breakfast and then given the lunch menu to look at. My friends didn't fancy lunch that early but I was starving so I asked for the winterberry crumble and custard. I was then told that this was on the lunch menu and they weren't serving lunch yet!

Surprised I pointed out that the sign outside said lunches served from 11.00 am but the manageress (I assume) said they didn't and I could have a tea cake I I wanted. I didn't really want to pay £2.50 for a tea cake but did so anyway but I really can't see why a BT of microwaved crumble would have been a problem.

My friend then also had a weird run in with ease same lady when asking for the wi-fi code, first it was apparently not working, then we were given the code and t did work.
Went for walk came back and had very average lunch, pannini's etc (tiny). Actually whilst I am writing this I think it deserves a less than average score overall.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 1 in Wootton Courtenay
Edgcott House
Edgcott House
#1 of 8 in Exford

Been to Tarr Farm Inn? Share your experiences!