Having our first holiday with the puppy we have been exploring walks & dog friendly pubs, what a lovely find. After earning our lunch on the stroll to heddons mouth we both ordered the burgers. Very tasty & lovely chips. The only thing that has stopped this from being 5stars is there were 3moans from other patrons who received 1meal half hour before the rest, 1 gentleman who waited over 40mins for a sandwich & watched others who arrived after receive their meals first & a lady who had no milk with her coffee & when approached the bar was told to ask someone in room next door, no1 was there so she was then left hanging around until she eventually said please send someone over with milk when they are back. I felt easily the girl at bar could have popped & got some milk & this final moan summed up our feeling of the place....the customer service was somewhat cold. Having visited other pubs this week "off the beaten track" this one although didn't have bad customer service it did have the worse of the rest of the pubs visited. It was the opposite of the warm, friendly, welcoming feeling we had at others. I don't want to be too harsh though as we will be back, maybe it was just a bit of day of it for the staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hunters Inn pub is blessed with the most magical setting, tucked at the bottom of the exquisitely beautiful Heddon Valley on Exmoor. The narrow road from the moor descends beneath a canopy of ancient trees. Sun-dappled leaves glitter and gleam. The river runs past the inn and a short walk takes you to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Hunters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hunters` Hotel Exmoor National Park
- The Hunters Inn Martinhoe, Devon