What a location! We drove down a long narrow road through woods with pheasants, deer, squirrels and then suddenly we arrived at this fantastic old house. We were staying with our son, partner and 2 grand-daughters. The bedrooms had recently been refurbished and were very comfortable. The bar had a great range of local beers as well as interesting locals! One of them, Marcus, picked some wild chanterelle mushrooms for us. We loved the atmosphere. For us it was a perfect place for a family get-together. Yes, it needs a lick of paint here and there, but on the other hand it was perfect the way it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hunters Inn pub is blessed with the most magical setting, tucked at the bottom of the exquisitely beautiful Heddon Valley on Exmoor. The narrow road from the moor descends beneath a canopy of ancient trees. Sun-dappled leaves glitter and gleam. The river runs past the inn and a short walk takes you to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Hunters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hunters` Hotel Exmoor National Park
- The Hunters Inn Martinhoe, Devon