Stopped here for a meal on a balmy summer's night, and while it could have been a delight, it turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. The beer was good, and the food, what there was of it, was fine, but for the amount we paid we expected a bit more. A vegetable, or two, for example. When my meat and potatoes arrived, I asked the young person serving us whether we'd be getting any veg, but she just said "no, that's it" and stomped off. Later, clearing our table, she said we could have ordered side dishes. There was nothing about this on the menu, and she didn't say anything about it earlier. My kids and my wife left feeling a little hungry, and our experience of this place was really spoiled by the sloppy way this person dealt with us. It's a real shame, because I really wanted to like it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hunters Inn pub is blessed with the most magical setting, tucked at the bottom of the exquisitely beautiful Heddon Valley on Exmoor. The narrow road from the moor descends beneath a canopy of ancient trees. Sun-dappled leaves glitter and gleam. The river runs past the inn and a short walk takes you to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Hunters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hunters` Hotel Exmoor National Park
- The Hunters Inn Martinhoe, Devon