This is a comment on the food offered in the'The Crown' pub in Exford.
Whilst staying locally at a B&B we ate here twice in the bar (not restaurant area.)
The bar area is unpretentious and friendly with locals enjoying a pint & a chat.
We were amazed at the quality of the food on offer at a very reasonable price-better than some restaurants I have frequented. There is a good choice with the usual 'pub favourites'-such as fish and chips or beef & ale pie together with 'daily specials' and a range of other meals. We can recommed the following: braised pork cheek; steak & ale pie (one of the best ever tasted); supreme of chicken and braised shoulder of lamb. The mains were around £12-£15 each.
Even the offering of ice-cream or sorbet selections was beautifully presented and the flavours very intense. The mango panacotta with pineapple sorbet was a real winner. Puds are £5-6.
Service was good & the staff cheery.
Overall the chef in this pub is very talented-enjoy his food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th-century family-run coaching inn at the heart of the Exmoor National Park. Great food, real ales, fine wines, log fires & friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms and Hotwire so you can book your The Crown Hotel, Exford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Hotel Exford
- The Crown Hotel, Exford Exmoor National Park, UK