“Perfect!”

Sandaway Beach Holiday Park
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Me and my girlfriend first stayed at Sandaway in June 2013 and have booked to come again in May 2014 as we have a perfect experience.
From the moment we arrived - not only was the park within the most beutiful well kept grounds but it was also very picture-esk. We stayed in one of the park's caravans that was in such a lovely condition and very clean. The staff were very polite and helpful and during our stay i had quite a bad dental emergency and i was delighted to find that one of the staff let me use his own personal mobile to ring around dentists in the area and he even offered us to come back and use his phone whenever we need to. We found this very helpful and appreciated it a lot. My whole experience within the park and everyone who works there was extremely positive and i can not wait for my May return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mitchell Y
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

We are happy that you found the staff to be helpful and we will pass your comments on to them.

We do take great pride in the standard of all grades of accommodation and it’s brilliant that this isn’t going unnoticed. Your comments will be passed on to our Housekeeper and the whole park team.

Our returning customers are so important to us and regularly make up 50% of our visitors and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed in Sandaway for a extended weekend half term break in June. We had a lovely time , the children loved the secluded beach and the evening entertainment. Gareth the evening entertainments manager was very welcoming and good fun , the children raced to the club house for the evening! The views were great from the caravan and the site was very clean. The only moan was the pool was very cold and shut early if you had been out for the day. Overall a excellent value for money holiday , well done John Fowler!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Yet another 5 star review for Sandaway, thank you, we really appreciate it. Your comments have been passed onto all departments.

We are extremely proud of our entertainments team this year, the effort they put in is amazing. They are all doing a brilliant job, and work extremely hard to ensure everyone has a great holiday.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We enjoyed another wonderfully relaxing week in caravan 58 from 11th to 18h October and have already booked for March and October next Year.

As accountants, my wife and I spend a significant amount of each working week either dealing with the Inland Revenue or waiting for them to answer the telephone and therefore need our two weeks at Sandaway each year to keep us reasonably sane.

The staff, as usual, were friendly and efficient and always either wave when they pass us or stop for a chat.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

The fear now, of course, is that I am also at risk of repeating myself - but here goes! Thank you very much for leaving us such a fantastic 5 star review, we really appreciate it. Your comments have been passed on to all departments.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The night before we were due to go to Sandaway, I read a very scathing review, and as someone who has never done a caravan holiday, and who had also done the newspaper vouchers, I was really worried that it would be awful. Thankfully, when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. We were in a poppy silver caravan. Yes, it was a little dated, and some of the lounge furniture had seen better days, but the important things were all fine. Kitchen was well equipped and spotless, we cooked all our meals for the 3 nights, and there was plenty of space too. Toilet and shower room were also clean, shower was brilliant, and water is really hot. Our beds were also really comfy. The single beds lift up and fix against the wall, which gave us plenty of room for our travel cot.
The weather turned cold, so we took lots of our own blankets and cosy things from home, which I would recommend if going during the colder months. There is a fire, but we only used it at night when our daughter was in bed, as there wasn't a fire guard. There may have been one available had I have asked.
Our 15 month old loved toddling about in there, and was very happy throughout our stay.
All staff we encountered were very polite and pleasant.
The park looked very nice, but we didn't really explore due to weather being bad.
Our TV and DVD player worked fine.
My parents joined us on our second day, they have stayed in lots of caravans recently, and they were impressed too, they thought it was very roomy.
All in all, a fun and comfortable weekend away, and it certainly hasn't put me off doing another caravan holiday, and I would stay there again if going back to that area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you very much for leaving us such a fantastic review thank you, we really appreciate it. Your comments have been passed onto all departments.

Your praise will mean so much to the management and staff at the park. They all work extremely hard to make everyone’s stay enjoyable.

I'm not sure where you read a poor review about the caravans on Sandaway, I have had a look and can only find 3 poor reviews all year - one was about a chalet, one was about the catering and one from a customer who had not fully understood the booking procedure.

However, I am pleased to hear that because of your pre-conception, that it all came as a nice surprise when you arrived. We would like to think that you will come back to see us again in one of our caravans on one of our many caravan park.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I can not thank the management at Sandaways more! I made a big mistake.....dates were wrong and arrived a week late.
I was found a caravan for myself ,my daughter and grand daughters.Lucky me as there was a bike rally that weekend and the camp site was busy.
Caravan met our needs and the staff were so friendly.
Gareth worked hard with the 3 kids on site and had a lot of patience.He gave the girls extra pressies and chocolate.
We enjoyed our meal at the club house...very good value for money.Drinks were a reasonable price.
Loved the private beach,the quietness of the site and felt vey relaxed after our weekend away.
We hope to go back next year and 2 other daughters want to come as well.
Once again thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your five stars. It is satisfying to hear that you had a great time on our park.

We are happy that you thoughtall the staff and the entertainers were helpful and we will pass your comments on to them.

Once again let me thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our park very soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at Sandaway w/c 07.10.2013. Found the staff to be very polite & welcoming which was nice after a 5 hour car journey.

Found the food to be OK although we were keen to try surrounding pubs and restaurants.

The only thing I have to complain about is the entertainment, we were there from Monday - Friday (am) and apart from Karaoke & Bingo there was no other entertainment available. Considering we had to pay for entertainment passes (which we did not receive) I feel that this is very disappointing.

Other than that we have no other complaints

4  Thank Jules R

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how helpful and friendly the staff were. We pride ourselves on our family feel at John Fowler Holidays, and are delighted to have such appreciative customers as yourselves.

To answer your couple of queries; considering we are in a very quiet part of the season and this is a small park, we still have some form of entertainment each night. During the period you were there, we had a vocalist on Monday, a quiz night on Tuesday, a Karoke on Wednesday and a comedian on Thursday. I am sorry you missed some of that program. With regard to the passes, you should have been told when you arrived that your coloured keys or your confirmation became your passes.

I am pleased to hear that this did not spoil your holiday in any way and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Having reviewed the booking experience earlier in the year our actual stay certainly came up to expectations! We stayed in a Gold two bedroom caravan which was warm,spotlessly clean and in a wonderful position for beautiful views of the hills surrounding the site. We enjoyed the abundance of hot water from the shower and were able to cater for ourselves as the kitchen was well equipped.The staff were friendly and made us very welcome.The site itself was well maintained and very attractive. We did not use the clubhouse as we wanted a quiet weekend but it did look like everyone was having fun.Sadly I left my swimming costume at home but the pool looked very inviting.i have two suggestions that the manager might like to consider. A few pictures ,maybe of the locale ,on the walls of the caravan would make it even more cosy. Also I did notice that the menu for the children in the restaurant area did not have any vegetarian options.this would be a problem for my grandson if he accompanied us. I do understand the majority of people eat meat but please think about catering for those of us who are vegetarian. I have to say we enjoyed our stay sooooo much my husband insisted I book again for next year as soon as we reached home!
Again thank Laura for your gentle,efficient,warm and friendly manner.:-) We will see you all again next October.

Room Tip: Go for gold!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra L
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback; it’s always a pleasure receiving such positive comments.

More often than not, the booking office is overlooked, so I am delighted to read that Laura has been singled out for extra praise. Along with her colleagues, they all work really hard but tend to be the Cinderellas of the company.

We are very lucky with the location of our park in such a beautiful part of Devon and we are delighted that you were able to share that experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Combe Martin
#4 of 15 in Combe Martin
Manleigh Park
Manleigh Park
#3 of 7 in Combe Martin

Been to Sandaway Beach Holiday Park? Share your experiences!