“Sandaway Beach John Fowler”

Sandaway Beach Holiday Park
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have just returned from our third trip in 2 years to this holiday park. We have always found it excellent value for money, the views from most caravans are amazing, the vans are always cleaned to high standard, the staff are friendly and usually always have a smile. The clubhouse has a friendly atmosphere. The pool is amazing, lovely and clean and warm, we are already looking to book for next year, we cant wait to go back. Sandaway was recommended by my parents and we were a bit reluctant to try it after our horrible two week trip to the John Fowler site near St Ives, but we are glad we did try this one, its a little gem.....

2  Thank sharon l
Patrick J, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

What a wonderful review, thank you, we really appreciate it.

Your praise will mean so much to the management and staff at the park. They all work extremely hard to make everyone’s stay enjoyable.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Sandaway Beach Holiday Park

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were in a small but basic chalet,to be honest just somewhere nice and warm to rest your head is sufficient,you don't go away just to sit in there all day! The sofa bed was not the best,but then again my husband has a dodgy back so any bed would be uncomfy for him.Nice small clubhouse,the boys loved the bingo!!
The big sheep is a wonderful day out and Appledore is a super little place to visit too.
We went to the combe martin wildlife and dinosaur park and were absolutely disgusted as it cost us over £50 for 5 of us and we thought it was cr*p for the money,we left 1 and a half hours later,fuming as we complained and didn't even get a sorry from the bloke at the entrance.Will never go there again,and even if you get a free ticket,don't bother!!!
We are going back on the 19th Oct this year but have gone for a caravan this time :) Free upgrade to a silver or gold caravan would be nice ;) lol Really looking forward to our little break very soon,happy days!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a fair review. Your comments have been passed on to all departments.

Yours is the first bad comment I have ever heard about the Combe Martin Wildlife Park. I have just had a look at their recent reviews on Tripadvisor and can see that most people love what they have to offer. I am sorry to hear that that was not the case for you.

With regard to a free upgrade - since your review is anonymous, we do not know who you are, so that would prove to be difficult.

Thank you for booking with us again and we look forward to welcoming you at the end of the month.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just had a short mid week break in September. This is the second time we've stayed at a Fowler park and I have to say that the standard of cleanliness is second to none! The caravan allocated was not suitable, so we were given one of the flats instead - no fuss, no arguments, brilliant. The only downside was the furniture, I afraid that for us - my husband especially being disabled - there just was nowhere comfy to sit - and the beds were rock hard - but the flat was warm, the beds made, bin bags and toilet paper supplied (other companies eat your heart out) the views were stunning, the park immaculate and the staff very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Sue W

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review.

Your comments have been passed on to all departments, especially the housekeeping team, who will be delighted to hear your thoughts.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

just enjoyed a fabulous week in north devon.we stayed at sandaway beach-perfect and definately good value for money.booked a gold caravan and was not disappointed.accomodation was clean,warm,cosy and had everything we needed for our stay.the view was fantastic,right over the bay(caravan 41).it was lovely to come back to after day exploring this stunning part of the country.the park itself was clean and tidy and obviously well looked after by friendly,cheerful staff-always willing to help out or give a cheery wave and say hello!we did venture into the club and found it very welcoming with good all round entertainment.bar prices were reasonable as well.we have enjoyed this holiday so much and would have no hesitation in returning to sandaway beach.

Room Tip: we stayed in a gold caravan-probably a bit more polished than the lower graded accomodation.excellen...
1  Thank lindisfarneWigan
Patrick J, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review.

Your comments have been passed on to all departments - everyone will be delighted to hear your thoughts.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just arrived back home from staying at Sandaway beach for a short break and cant believe how amazing the holiday was! I would defiantly recommend it to anybody who is looking to stay with John Fowlers! The service is amazing throughout the park! staff are so friendly and happy at all times. Everybody made us feel welcome and Steve and Ria on the bar were always smiling and made sure we was having a good holiday, and was very forthcoming with any information we needed. The entertainment was brilliant and the kids loved foxy club which is held every night. Food was super and very cheap too and Andy is a very nice man who is always willing to help with any information as well.

The accommodation was very clean and when wondering around the park all the other members of staff always smiled and said hello/ good morning/ good afternoon depending on the time of day.

Wayne the park manager is a very helpful chap and again is always cheerful and chatty.

If you are looking to stay here please do!! it has been a brilliant holiday and we will be definatley returning !

Cant wait to see all the staff next year! You have all truly made our holiday PERFECT! Thank you all so much

Room Tip: Best caravan holiday we have been on yet please experience this beautiful place and people!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank steve d
Patrick J, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

What a wonderful review, thank you, we really appreciate it.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We booked into Sandaway and it was the start of our fantastic holiday, this is our fourth time in five years and from reception right though to the bar staff entertainers Gareth and Kirsty was first class,friendly very helpful and nothing was to much trouble. Entertainment from children to adults was brilliant our caravan as always was clean and tidy plenty of room for all of us as there was four adults and three children, only down side was no wifi in caravan but you could easily pick the wifi up in the club house. The pool was great, attendant was on hand all the time so felt safe at all times when my grandchldren was having fun in the pool. The views from the park were outstanding ,the food from chefs corner was outstanding value for money with lots of choice. The surrounding area is well worth a visit from combe martin to ilfracombe and woolacombe.. Theres plenty of things for adults and children alike to do what ever the weather. We have already booked to go back next year but this time fo ten days as a week is not long enough,just one other thing the out door swimming pool is heated so it is lovely to be in if the weather is a bit overcast.From Dave Tetlow-Taylor and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank davidataylor2006
Patrick J, Guest Relations Manager at Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review.

Your comments have been passed on to all departments, especially the entertainments team, who will be delighted to hear your thoughts.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was a last minute holiday booking and I must admit that I booked it as it was the only place I could find to accomodate three dogs and ourselves. It was also our first stay in a caravan on a holiday park as I normaly book accomodation with a garden for the dogs.

For these reasons I wasn't sure what to expect. On arrival my first impression was what a fantastic setting, lovely sea views one way and countryside views the other. It was just a shame our caravan wasn't situated right on the edge of the cliff to have an unobstructed view!

The staff on arrival were friendly and we were given leaflets regarding local tourist attractions which was a nice touch. We found our caravan which was a bronze 6 berth. I would definately pay the extra for a silver or gold in future. It was spotlessly clean, however the caravan was tatty, particularly the carpet and seat upholstery. I was a little afraid to sit on it, but that might be just me. It does clearly say in the brochure that bronze caravans are due for upgrades and are the oldest vans so I was kind of expecting it.... overall though I was just pleased it was really clean. The bed linen was spotless too so that was good and for the price we paid it was overall very good value for money compared to other parks.

We had a take out meal one evening from Chef's Corner, but didn't really go in the clubhouse. The food was good value and really nice. The chef was also really friendly and helpful. Nice chips :-)

The park is on a hill and it is a short walk into Combe Martin, but can be a little hard going coming back. It is not however that big a hill so you soon recover. As most of North Devon seems to consist of steep hills, this is only a baby one in comparison.

We had a fantastic holiday exploring North Devon and really enjoyed Watersmeet House, Westward Ho!, Appledore, Lynmouth and Ilfracombe to name some of the places we visited.

The holiday park is a small, clean friendly place and I don't really have any great criticisms, but if I have one thing that I would change is to do with the dogs rather than myself. It was fantastic that you had a dog walking field as I know many other parks don't have that, but I didn't use it. I wanted to be able to let my dogs off lead as we didn't have a garden for them to run in. I couldn't be sure it was secure as it was very overgrown (my dogs like to explore under bushes) and sounded like it was very close to the road. I'm not sure that it is meant to have dogs off lead, but it would be wonderful if had been mown to allow dogs to have a free run. I had read before arriving that one of the camping fields was a dog exercising area out of peak season and that type of field would have been perfect if securely fenced. I opted to walk down to Combe Martin instead and allow the dogs off lead on the small beach beforing reaching the main one where dogs are only allowed after September.

As I have said that is only a minor point and did not have any impact on our or the dogs holiday. I was just grateful I found somewhere that allowed three dogs at short notice and was pleasantly surprised how lovely the holiday and the park have been.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and go silver or gold
3  Thank Charlie17_18

Hele Valley Holiday Park
#3 of 25 in Ilfracombe
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort
Bideford Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Been to Sandaway Beach Holiday Park? Share your experiences!