I'm a great lover of honesty and I'm not someone who is out to hurt businesses, so it upsets me to read reviews about certain members of entertainment staff at this park. We visited over the summer holidays in both quiet and busy times.the entertainment was refreshing, not cheesy and they try to involve the audience, especially on quiet evenings where you feel like your getting a show just for yourself.the two entertainers we saw(mark and Adam)are obviously passionate about what they do, they are friendly and accommodating(if I ever got married again, mark and Adam would be my entertainment,don't tell the husband!)All I can say is that the problem wasn't the entertainment, it was some of the audience, rude comments and criticism because their song wasn't sung are unwelcome in a family and friendly, atmosphere. That said, all the staff are welcoming and pleasant and actually have a sense of humour(lucky as they get a lot of stick which actually is usually about things beyond their control)yes it's hilly(hence combe meaning valley) and yes some of the accommodation is outdated, but bare that in mind, you do get what you pay for amd by the sounds of it, dont go for a chalet, although ive never been in one so cant say what they are like.As for the comment about a member of staff only having a duster in there hand and no vacuum cleaner, would you pull one of those up that hill??it gets brought up by the maintenance man.the staff are working hard to get the place up to par and they are getting there, but more money needs to be invested by Mr Fowler, it's not the staffs fault.fingers crossed, by next season the place will be nicely updated and ready for you to try. The pool was working when we visited.If you want a quiet holiday with a beautiful location and quality, non cheesy, entertainment, then this is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combe Martin Holiday Park is situated in the heart of a North Devon valley. The site and its surrounding woodlands provide an excellent area for kids to play and adults to relax. The kids’ play area, our Sea Spray Club (great for a meal or drink) and access to our private beach are all within easy reach of your holiday accommodation, provide the perfect North Devon holiday.The park overlooks Combe Martin public beach as well as our very own private Newberry beach, where you can spend the day relaxing in the sun whilst the kids play in the sea nearby. In the evening, you can enjoy a variety of entertainment in the free clubhouse. Bingo, party games and folk singers are all regular events to keep you entertained throughout your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Fowler Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park Hotel Combe Martin
- Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park Devon