All reviewsnothing is too much troubletea and homemade cakesea viewon arrivalcarol annwarm welcomewalking the south west coast pathb and beach eveningplace to staycomfortable roomsfeel very welcomelovely meallovely hostsexcellent stayfresh fruitnew owners
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Rachael and Nick gave us a warm welcome even though it was 3 years since our last visit. They remembered we had been to the theatre in Illfracombe last time and had looked up what was on with out us asking. Room spotless clean, comfortable bed. Miss the evening meal and you miss a treat, though you do have to pre order. Rachael and Nick want all there guest to have a good stay -They have a wealth of local knowledge. We have visited Blair Lodge many times and have known 3 owners. It has always been good but it is now at its best

Room Tip: Rooms are quite small - room 5 is tight for space but otherwise fully equiped
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our sixth stay at blair lodge with nick and rachel. Had a great holiday .The roomwas clean and freash and the bed was very comfortable.They cannot do enough for you.Rachels cooking is out off this world cannot waite to go back for more fish dishes.N ick has a wealth of knowlege and tails.The location of the hotel is central in the village and perfect to everything.Cannot waite to go back.

1  Thank trevor m
Reviewed August 20, 2012

my friend and I stayed for 1 night on our SW coastal path jaunt. From when I had first made contact about rooms I felt very cared about as a potenital client. Nick and Rachel were incredibly helpful about all sorts of practicalities. We ate in as too tired to go and find somewhere to eat and the food was great, intersting varied menu and generous portions.
Bed room fine -only niggle was the tempremental shower.
Breakfast was good - a wide choice of things too.
I would definately stay again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Rachel and Nick are great welcoming friendly hosts, First visit here but welcomed like old friend with afternoon tea and chocolate cake!!. Due to other commitments only stayed one night. They were100% full and many others were regular guest who have been there many times – that shows the quality of the hosts and what they offer. This ‘only’ a B & B but more like a 3 star hotel.

Spotlessly clean & comfortable rooms, nice fresh towels complete with face flannels. Rachel is a great cook providing excellent value high quality evening meals and breakfast. Only 50 yards to the beach and the small town but benefits from being off the main road, so quiet (expect for the thunder and lightening) with adequate parking for guests.

I am a bad sleeper and it is a long since I slept in a 4ft 6” bed - when we are next in the area we will definitely return – hopefully for more than one night and in a 5ft bed!! Maybe need to book early and not at short notice

Room Tip: Book early to avoid dissapointment
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have just returned from my second stay at Blair Lodge. Rachel and Nick are great. they make everyone welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are comfortable, well maintained and with everything you would need. The location of the guest house is perfect and allows you to enjoy the village of Combe Martin. It's no surprise to me that Rachel and Nick have so many returning guests. I hope that I will be able to go back one day aswell. but as your other reviewers say, it may be hard to get a room!
Gill