All reviewsnothing is too much troublesea viewon arrivalcarol annwarm welcomewalking the south west coast pathb and beach eveningplace to staycomfortable roomsfeel very welcomepot of tealovely meallovely hostsfresh fruitnew ownersbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed August 20, 2012

my friend and I stayed for 1 night on our SW coastal path jaunt. From when I had first made contact about rooms I felt very cared about as a potenital client. Nick and Rachel were incredibly helpful about all sorts of practicalities. We ate in as too tired to go and find somewhere to eat and the food was great, intersting varied menu and generous portions.
Bed room fine -only niggle was the tempremental shower.
Breakfast was good - a wide choice of things too.
I would definately stay again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Rachel and Nick are great welcoming friendly hosts, First visit here but welcomed like old friend with afternoon tea and chocolate cake!!. Due to other commitments only stayed one night. They were100% full and many others were regular guest who have been there many times – that shows the quality of the hosts and what they offer. This ‘only’ a B & B but more like a 3 star hotel.

Spotlessly clean & comfortable rooms, nice fresh towels complete with face flannels. Rachel is a great cook providing excellent value high quality evening meals and breakfast. Only 50 yards to the beach and the small town but benefits from being off the main road, so quiet (expect for the thunder and lightening) with adequate parking for guests.

I am a bad sleeper and it is a long since I slept in a 4ft 6” bed - when we are next in the area we will definitely return – hopefully for more than one night and in a 5ft bed!! Maybe need to book early and not at short notice

Room Tip: Book early to avoid dissapointment
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have just returned from my second stay at Blair Lodge. Rachel and Nick are great. they make everyone welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are comfortable, well maintained and with everything you would need. The location of the guest house is perfect and allows you to enjoy the village of Combe Martin. It's no surprise to me that Rachel and Nick have so many returning guests. I hope that I will be able to go back one day aswell. but as your other reviewers say, it may be hard to get a room!
Gill

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Just spent 2 nights with Rachel and Nick and highly recommend Blair Lodge. Friendly hosts, clean & comfortable rooms, plus Rachel is a great cook, good value evening meals. Blair Lodge is close to the beach and town, but benefits from being off the main road, so quiet with parking spaces. Very handy for coastal path. We enjoyed our stay and plan to return.

Room Tip: Some rooms have sea views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We arrived at Blair Lodge after a rather hard walk from Lynmouth both tired and weary - Rachel gave us tea and delicious cake in the lounge - both Nick and Rachel are very helpful and very good hosts - the hotel is very clean and very comfortable - we met a delightful couple who holiday every year at Blair Lodge and have done s for some time - that says it all - excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple