All reviewsnothing is too much troublesea viewon arrivalcarol annwarm welcomewalking the south west coast pathb and beach eveningplace to staycomfortable roomsfeel very welcomepot of tealovely meallovely hostsfresh fruitnew ownersbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have just returned from my second stay at Blair Lodge. Rachel and Nick are great. they make everyone welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are comfortable, well maintained and with everything you would need. The location of the guest house is perfect and allows you to enjoy the village of Combe Martin. It's no surprise to me that Rachel and Nick have so many returning guests. I hope that I will be able to go back one day aswell. but as your other reviewers say, it may be hard to get a room!
Gill

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Just spent 2 nights with Rachel and Nick and highly recommend Blair Lodge. Friendly hosts, clean & comfortable rooms, plus Rachel is a great cook, good value evening meals. Blair Lodge is close to the beach and town, but benefits from being off the main road, so quiet with parking spaces. Very handy for coastal path. We enjoyed our stay and plan to return.

Room Tip: Some rooms have sea views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We arrived at Blair Lodge after a rather hard walk from Lynmouth both tired and weary - Rachel gave us tea and delicious cake in the lounge - both Nick and Rachel are very helpful and very good hosts - the hotel is very clean and very comfortable - we met a delightful couple who holiday every year at Blair Lodge and have done s for some time - that says it all - excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I'm very apprehensive about writing this review because if I tell the truth so many people will want to stay there that we probably won't be able to book again. Therefore I feel that I must suitably moderate my comments, so here goes;-
Rachel and Nick are fantastic hosts. They are welcoming, helpful and full of information regarding places to visit etc. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble.
Rachel's evening meals are to die for !. To stay there without sampling her excellent cooking is to miss a real treat. The breakfasts are delicious, with a good choice of dishes including an excellent full English.
The way that they care for their guests is outstanding, for example, my wife has mobility problems so Nick fixed a safety-grip handle to the wall of the shower, I am on a minimum dairy diet so Rachel took pains to ensure that meals were prepared accordingly (soya milk etc).
The hotel is clean, comfortable and definitely great value
This is our third stay at Blair Lodge and it certainly won't be our last ( if we can still manage to book !)..

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank benji53
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had a lovely stay at Blair Lodge. The b&b was nicely decorated, very clean and great value. Rachel and Nick were fantastic hosts and did a great job of catering for my friends vegan diet and were supportive of her charity walk. I would highly recommend the evening meal which was delicious. I enjoyed everything about my stay at Blair Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends