All reviewsnothing is too much troubletea and homemade cakesea viewon arrivalcarol annwarm welcomewalking the south west coast pathb and beach eveningplace to staycomfortable roomsfeel very welcomelovely meallovely hostsexcellent stayfresh fruitnew owners
Reviewed February 27, 2012

What can we say that everyone hasn't already? Nick and Rachel really are as caring, accomodating and attentive as everyone says. Nick is an excellent host in the dining room, looking after all the guests superbly. Rachel is a terrific cook - her evening menu is to die for - and will remember from one visit to the next what you like.

They were decorating when we were there last week, Rachel had been painting and Nick was assembling wardrobes - all to a very high standard.

We've been a few times now, and will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Nick and Rachel are such caring and accomodating couple nothing was too much trouble.
Rachel is an excelent cook and Nick always very attentive for the well being of his guests.
Very quiet location with great views and lovely walks.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ana Y Y
Reviewed February 21, 2012

As a party of 19, we booked all of the rooms at Blair Lodge. The rooms were spotless, comfortable and welcoming. Rachel and Nick are fantastic, they made us all feel very at home, nothing was too much trouble.During our stay it was my daughters 17th Birthday and Rachel made her a surprise birthday cake, which was scrumptious. The full English breakfast was also delicious. I would highly recommend Blair Lodge to anyone wanting to stay in Combe Martin.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I booked on Christmas Eve for Christmas Eve. Rachel and Nick answer email within minutes of me sending them! On arrival nothing was to much trouble. From memory breakfast on Christmas Day finished at 0900. Reasonable I thought. When I finally made it at 1100 I had to beg them not to cook breakfast just for me. this is a lovely quiet place to stay. I loved my short stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Buffer18
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Rachel and Nick are incredibly thoughtful and nothing is too much. As a family we booked all of the rooms and were able to feel very at home throughout our stay. The homemade biscuits, the breakfast and the wonderful birthday cake made by Rachel for my niece were all delicious. The rooms are very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The lounge is homely and we all had an evening drink as family together before heading off to bed. My children were made to feel very much at home and also loved the breakfast. We hope to stay here again soon and can't thank Rachel and Nick enough. I'm sure they put some other B&B's to shame! :)

Room Tip: There is parking, which is Combe Martin is not always available at other guest houses. The family room has a second bedroom within the room and is a PROPER family room which is invaluable.