“Fabulous will definately be going here again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Combe Martin
Blair Lodge Guest House
Ranked #2 of 15 Combe Martin B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This was our first visit to Blair Lodge it definately won't be our last. The service and food along with our hosts was first class, hopefully will be there in the summer

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We have visited this Hotel for many years, having just returned from a Chrismas break. Food and service are exeptional as usual. Nick and Rachel are the best ever!!

Room Tip: Good views from front rooms of Combe Martin
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Just returned from an exceptional Xmas stay. Food and service great as usual.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Once again Nick and Rachel have given us a wonderful warm experience. This was our 4th trip to Blair Lodge and each time we have been received with such a warm and welcoming atmosphere it is a pleasure to return. As a single parent of two boys, their family room has been ideal, providing a separate room for the boys and a door I can shut for privacy for myself. The food is splendid and Rachel has always provided for my very picky eater of a younger son , with no complaints, making the whole experience very relaxing.
I would strongly recommend Blair Lodge for their warm and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Returned yesterday from a wonderful 6 night stay at Blair Lodge. Having stayed there last October it was not a case of if we would go back but when. On arrival we were greeted as old friends with tea & cake. The sea view room was clean,light & airy with comfortable bed, tea/coffee making facilities & home made cookies! ..Rooms are refreshed & restocked daily.

The food is home made to order, there is a varied breakfast menu and an extensive menu for evening meals.Rachel is an excellent cook..she should be on Masterchef..during our stay there was a choice of 4 starters,mains & desserts every night ..none of them repeated over the 6 nights, even the vegetables & home made breads were different..how amazing is that!.
(eat in 1 night & see for yourself you wont be disappointed!)
Meanwhile, Nick is kept busy with "front of house" service delivering meals & drinks with a friendly word & smile. His vast knowledge of the area & its history,walks,places to go,things to do is priceless.

Blair Lodge is at the end of a private road with private car park opposite, a quiet location just minutes from the beach,pubs & the 'Hangman'/ coastpath walks.

Nick & Rachel are excellent hosts, nothing is too much trouble..they always find time to have a chat no matter how busy they are..This creates a relaxing friendly atmosphere of a family home- we will keep going back just like other guests do. Outstanding in every way!

Dawn & Kim, Bristol

Room Tip: Book a sea view room if available
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Honestly, I’ve been spoilt though my job with hotels, so when we decided to stop at a B&B, it was with some apprehension, I pictured the terrible rooms, hosts no-where to be seen.
On Arrival at Blair Lodge all those fears was quashed, the moment I met Rachael and Nick, from the start they made us feel we were the only guests they ever had, we checked in, the rooms were well made and offered a great view, myself and my partner was stopping with two teenage daughters and they too felt so welcome.
We had arranged beforehand with Rachael that we would be having dinner, and it was then I sat down and totally enjoyed the menu that was on offer, it was cooked fresh where Rachael in my opinion is an excellent cook, you can taste the care and attention she has put into her cooking that’s quickly followed up by Nicks attention to the dining area, where nothing is too much trouble. Even to the point where the girls would see one part they liked on one dinner option and another on another dinner option, so asked if they could combine it. Before the sentence was finish, Nick has already said yes.
Talking to other people stopping, all of them were returning guests, and I could see why, this alone demonstrated that Rachael and Nick had mastered the importance of repeat business; along with my daughter we were actually the only people that hadn’t stopped before.
Both Nick and Rachael were always on hand to offer advice about the local area where to go and what to see
On our last day if it wasn’t for other commitments, without hesitation I would have extended our stay
When I next plan a few days away and North Devon is my destination, I too want to be counted and now considered as a returning friend because from the start that’s how they made me feel
The start of this review I said I’ve been lucky to stop in some very fine hotels and I thought I was spoilt; I’ve actually been more spoilt stopping at Blair Lodge

3  Thank Rob M
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This hotel is fun, friendly and very good for family's, everyone is so kind and thought full, The owners of the Blair lodge are very kind and treat you very well. the second you come in you feel welcome. The beach is a 5/10 minute walk and some bedrooms have a beautiful view.
Most of the food is home made and its mouth watering, its like the flavors of the food dance on your taste buds. it very child-friendly with various games in the hotel and leaflets to tell you whats around. I also recommend the milky way there's something for everyone even adults. you will have a great time
-Shannon age 14.

Room Tip: some rooms have a beautiful view of the beach
2  Thank shannon m