We love this real pub, when plastic imitations are the only survivors in many areas of the country.
The Rockford has everything, location, comfortable rooms, excellent food, real beer and last but not least two of the best hosts imaginable in Cathryn and Sarah.
We also had excellent weather, we walked to Lynmouth by the river, and the coast path from Valley of the Rocks to Lynton, the scenery was breathtaking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, England