An isolated 16th century (I think) pub with low beams, log fires & real ales set in the wilds of Exmoor. A warm & friendly welcome from Sarah & Catherine who provide home cooked food in the warm, cozy bar. We weren't able to sample the nearby walks as we had elderly parents with us but I can see how much this pub appeals to the hikers & walkers.
Bit disappointed with our room which was described as a "small double" but it was so small that there was no room to put a suitcase without having to clamber over it. Overall, I thought the rooms were a little overpriced but a nice stay nevertheless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, England