Stayed for 2 nights in August 2012 and loved it. Really quiet secluded location but only 10mins drive or 2 hour riverside walk to Lynton & Lynmouth which, are the 2 of the most beautiful towns we've visited. Outside seating right next to the flowing river was the perfect place to relax and enjoy a pint. The food was delicious on both nights and reasonably priced. The breakfast was ample and also delicious. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the bathroom was large and had a bath and power shower. The owners are friendly and helpful. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wish it was for longer....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, England