This is ideal place to stay if you love walking, good food and a restful atmosphere. The room I shared with two friends had fresh modern bedlinen and towels and was comfortable, clean and warm. We dined in on both nights of our stay and had some excellent food and wine - the posh fish and chips are particularly recommended. Our hosts, Sarah and Cathryn, made us most welcome and nothing was too much trouble for them. I hope to visit again in warmer weather; the riverside location would make it a lovely spot to enjoy an evening drink or snack.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, England