“Great chinese near Lyme Bay B&B”
Review of Hoi Shing

Hoi Shing
Ranked #26 of 57 Restaurants in Dawlish
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Great food, very good service and lots of time between courses which I like!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The menu is quite good and the food was OK. The place is nicely located near Dawlish Brook with the black swans and ducks.
The staff could not have been friendlier and made the visit very enjoyable.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Visiting this restaurant is always one of the high spots of our holidays in Dawlish. Really great food which is obviously freshly cooked and not re-heated bog standard Chinese fare.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

A busy Saturday evening and the staff found a table for us. Nice friendly staff who were clearly busy but remained attentive. There is a large menu however we decided to attempt one of the set menu deals for 2 people. Excellent mix of starter dishes however the second course of shredded duck was one of the best I have ever had. Main course of crispy shredded beef in birds nest was nice although I did not see the point of the dried noodle birds nest which seemed to be a waste of food just for the sake of presentation. Kings prawns were fantastic. Would definately return.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Eat here (or order a takeaway) if you want to be messed around and kept waiting. The food (if you eventually get any) is of moderate Chinese-takeaway standard. Card orders cannot be accepted while someone either in the restaurant or apparently elsewhere is on the phone, or the restaurant is being telephoned. We were put on 'hold' until the person who answered our call had finished with a customer who was trying (unsuccessfully) to pay with a card. I was able to hear the conversation. I then placed my order, and although I said I'd collect it, was told that I'd have to wait over an hour as they were busy (no doubt playing about with their card machine!) I declined, since we had eaten from there once before and found the food only moderate in standard. The mobile call cost me over £1.00 for the privilege of being messed about. This place seriously needs to get its act together!