“a very good campsite”
Review of Cofton Holidays

Cofton Holidays
Reviewed October 12, 2013

we stayed at cofton country holidays earlier this year and are planning another stay there later this month, probably our last outing with our caravan this year, Cofton is very good, the site is spotless, beautifull flowers every where and very helpfull and cheerful staff at every level , highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Cofton Holidays

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We camped here this summer and it was the best camping holiday ever. The site is lovely well kept very clean and despite the size very quiet. We travelled hundreds of miles to get here and it was well worth it. The pool was much needed to cool down.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MILLIE098
Reviewed October 9, 2013

First Day at Cofton we got put into our caravan (18) this was clean and tidy, On the next morning we found that the water was freezing cold in the caravan, so I made a trip to reception to inform them of the cold water, and I was told that the maintenance team would be with me within 10 minutes, after an hour I decided to go back down to reception by this time it was nearing dinner time and we still couldn't get ready to go out.

In reception I spoke to a young woman who I had previously spoke to and informed her that maintenance still hadn't been and we were waiting to go out and I couldn't possibly shower my 1 year old in freezing cold water, to which I was replied that there was 'no need to speak like that' I had re-informed the young woman I wasn't speaking like anything and that I just wanted to know how long it would take for maintenance to get there as it was now nearing 1 o'clock!.

Maintenance came out and fixed the shower, again the shower was still freezing cold! so after the 3rd trip to reception he came back out to discover that the boiler had gone. Another 20 minutes and he came back and asked us if we were going out anywhere? To which we replied well not until we have our water fixed, He then went away and came back and he had explained we would have to re-pack and un-pack and move caravans, Kindly the manager agreed we could upgrade to a bigger caravan.

On upgrading to a bigger caravan (28) we all wanted to have a shower and go straight out. So we did only to find the shower was leaking all the way through the caravan was a stream of water. We informed maintenance of this but due to all our hassle previously we couldn't of possibly been expected to move again! So I said to leave it and we would have to mop it up after showers.

************ On returning to our caravan after our trip out, My daughter who is almost 2 was playing with her toys in the bedroom before nap time whilst I was tidying away her clothes etc,she picked up and held out to me with a box labelled (M,T,W,T,F,S,S) Full of white oval pills!!!! (who knows what they were) Which the cleaner must have missed!!

Furious I returned to reception where the manager was called down to me only to apologise and take the box of pills off me and only apologise again, I'm pretty sure there should be a risk assessment somewhere in her cabinet file which should inform her that any drugs found by either a younger or older person should be disposed of correctly but at first point of call be referred to a doctor or the hospital for immediate attention in case one was swallowed!.

Not the case I was only to be told she would 'speak' to the cleaners!!.

Not helpful what so ever, I wasn't offered any sort of compensation to make up for such a disaster of a holiday!. ************

Would not recommend this complex for people with children under the age of 7

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Rebekah W
Helen S, Manager at Cofton Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Rebekah,
I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your holiday with us this October. Unfortunately on any holiday site, things do on occasion go wrong, whether by the law of random chance or by someone making a mistake. I’m sorry that your boiler reported developed a fault that could not be repaired. This was sadly, one of those things beyond our control. Our reception staff should never give you an approximate time that our maintenance team should be able to attend to your problem, as they do not know the schedule they have to keep to, or what jobs they may already be engaged in.
I know when I receptionist spoke to you they did not believe they gave a specified time, but whether or not that is the case, I apologise that you were kept waiting. We do attempt to see to any problems as quickly as possible. Once we realised it could not be fixed on the spot, you were offered to be upgraded free of charge. We do not want anyone to be inconvenienced in such a way during their holiday and hoped that this gesture went some way to improving the situation for you.
You made our receptionists aware that you were very unhappy with the situation, which they could understand. They therefore spoke to our housekeepers and asked them to make the new accommodation that you would be going into ready as soon as possible. It was in this haste that one of our cleaners failed to notice the Dosette Box that was tucked away in one of the bedrooms. I extend my apologies for this. It was in their attempt to get the new accommodation ready for you and not cause any further delay that this oversight occurred.
I understand you’re disappointment with the problems you encountered, but feel that they were adequately dealt with in the best way possible when you were on site. As we were at the time quite certain your daughter had been unable to get access to the Dosette Box, we did not feel that any action needed to be taken at all. If this had not be the case, or if you had inferred that you were concerned about the possibility she had done, we would of course have offered any assistance necessary.
I hope that despite not enjoying the site, you had a positive experience of Devon as a whole and will return here in the future, even if it is at different holiday park.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My family camped on a wonderful pitch on a fantastic site. Our party was made up of 4 adults and 3 children and a dog aged between 6 and 67! The site is in a fantastic position and can be very proud of it's staff who we found very friendly & extremely helpful. The site was well kept & the washroom facilities were really well kept considering it is such a big site! The campers themselves just needed to respect the wash facilities a little bit more!! We spent the most of our time on site as the children were happy to swim in the lovely pool ( we were lucky with the weather & were outside all week) The woodland walks were just right and manageable for all. The children's play facilities were slightly lacking to my mind, but our 3 enjoyed them & that was what mattered. We didn't use the evening entertainment, but it was popular & well run with 'curfew' being upheld by all. The on site shops were reasonably priced as we're the extra activities held throughout the week ie, shooting & archery.
All in all, we had a wonderful week & would not hesitate to recommend Cofton. We hope to return!!

1  Thank 187mumof3

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our site. I’m very pleased to hear that you would be happy to recommend us. It’s a shame that you say some campers needed to respect our wash facilities a bit more. It’s true that we don’t all have the same sensibilities when it comes to looking after communal areas. This is why we are going to increase the number of daily cleans during our busy periods, in a bid to keep the high standards that we strive for.
It’s great that you managed to find something for everyone in such a diverse age group. This is one of our top priorities. I’ll pass your lovely comments onto our staff. We hope that you return also.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We camped here for our summer holidays this year. The park is absolutely beautiful and immaculately kept. There is an abundance to do on the sight and a short car journey to lots of great places. The staff are welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Many happy memories made on our holiday, we will definitely be back

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Dominique A
Helen S, Manager at Cofton Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Dominique,
I’m very pleased to hear you enjoyed yourselves on site and will be returning again. I’ll pass you kind words on to our staff who will be pleased to know they have made an impression. We look forward to being part of many happy memories in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have a motor home and have stayed at Cofton, and many other sites over the last few years. Cofton was one of our first, recommended by a friend. We love this site and think it's the best. The staff are always friendly and helpful, the facilities ( showers, toilets etc ) are adequate and clean. The laundry and games room we have not used but know it's there. The shop carries a good selection of items from food to magazines to camping and swimming equipment, toys and lots more. There is a fish and chip shop ( very handy if you can' t be bothered to cook) they also sell a variety of takeaway meals. There's a lovely new complex housing two restaurants, a further games room and an indoor swimming pool which we have enjoyed using. The Swan Pub is still there if you prefer a smaller more intimate evening out. There is a donkey and A Shetland pony in a field nearby who are always grateful for a visit and close to that an outdoor adventure area for the children (tree swing etc) below which is a small conventional swing park for the little ones. There are three toilet and shower blocks, just right for a site of this size. Right outside the entrance to the site are two bust stops, one bus goes to Exeter, the nearest city, and the other goes to Newton Abbot, a market town, both are worth a visit. We have been to Cofton many times and really love everything about it. Our favourite pitch is by the fishing lakes where there are ducks, geese, squirrels and loads of small birds, it's so nice to wake up in the morning to the sound of bird song. You could be way out in the country, but in fact you are only a stone's thow from the M5! I know that Cofton have apartments and mobile homes to rent too, we obviously have not tried them as we have our motor home but I am sure they would be up to the same high standard. I would thoroughly recommend Cofton.

3  Thank Maddyanne

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I’m sure future guests will appreciate your detailed comments and find them very useful. It’s always nice to know that our visitors have been coming back. It’s the best form of feedback we can hope to get. With a bit of luck, we’ll welcome you and the family back in the new season.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Been here for 30yrs, my family have grown up on this clean. Happy, safe campsite that has everything for every member of the family. Everything from the fishing lakes. Play areas, pools indoor and out, walks and excellent clean beaches near by.Try it

1  Thank yeomans1_11

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the site. I must admit I’m a little overwhelmed by your comments. Thirty years is a long time to have been coming to our site and how amazing to have been part of so many of your families memories. You say your family has grown up on our site. It must be equally true that we have grown up with you over that time.
We try year upon year to make those little additions which improve and advance the park. You must have all seen many changes over the years. How lovely that you continue to come to us when the park must be very different from the way it was when you started coming. We look forward to being part of many happy memories to come.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Frognel Hall Hotel
#53 of 87 in Torquay
Best Western Passage House Hotel
The Imperial Exmouth Hotel

Been to Cofton Holidays? Share your experiences!