“Lovely! ”

Jack Sprat's
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Dawlish
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A stylish, contemporary licensed restaurant using the freshest and best produce to create delicious food served by professional waiters with smiling faces. Try us for great coffee, fabulous stone baked pizza, pasta, homemade burgers (best ever!)and lots of daily specials. Good value, family-friendly and fresh tasty food. We are small so book if you can.
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Was struggling to find anywhere nice to eat in Dawlish so thought we'd give this a go, and weren't disappointed.

There was 6 of us and we ate in the room out the back - 'private dining' which was lovely as didn't have to worry so much about the children.

Lady couldn't do enough for us and even went out to the shop to get some squash when my son requested it.

Food was lovely - a bit different than the usual menu choices.

1  Thank Claire H
Helgakbeer B, Owner at Jack Sprat's, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thanks so much for your lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your meal. Our hardworking waitress sent me a text first thing this morning saying "Did you see the review- it was me!" which shows you how much difference these reviews make to staff morale and happiness. Ben, our chef, was equally delighted. Thanks so much for visiting us. We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I took the kids for a small breakfast and we had a lovely time. I was on my own with three wriggly little ones but we were made to feel welcome and were very well looked after by the wonderful staff. They very kindly made child sized portions of our order so this was the best value breakfast we have ever had. Thank you!

1  Thank smellacat
Helgakbeer B, Owner at Jack Sprat's, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Thanks for your great review. We love little people coming into the cafe. It makes me feel we might just be in Italy (especially with the lovely sunny weather we have been having). We very much look forward to seeing you all again soon. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had no expectations of this type of restaurant in this type of town, but what a joy!! We were served in a friendly, non intrusive manner some of the best food I have had for some time. Very interesting menu (maybe a little to big!) full of local produce and good drinks. I had the small seafood platter, my partner the small ploughmans platter. More than enough even for this hungry man! Looking around even the humble burgers looked extraordinary. The beer and cider selection was local and the wine list adequate. Great coffee as well. All in all a place which I am aching to return to,

Thank you for your truly fantastic review. It made everyone smile. We are very much looking forward to seeing you again. Great customers make it all worthwhile. Thanks so much!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went here with a couple of friends a few days ago - I'd never come across this place before so it was my friends who suggested it. What can I say - really really top place. Great atmosphere, fantastic 'just right' staff (very friendly and attentive but not over bearing) - Food was excellent - we had the meze starter which was great and plenty for four (even though it's only for two) - for mains, the chaps had burgers and the ladies had the chicken dish off the specials menu. The 'specials' really help to extend the menu as otherwise you may feel limited to burgers or pizza. Pud was good too. All in all a cracking meal in a cracking little place - would deffo recommend it.

1  Thank vv01f
Helgakbeer B, Owner at Jack Sprat's, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thanks for the great review. We are so pleased that you all had a good night. We very much appreciate all the nice comments- especially about the staff. Everyone works so hard so it is lovely for them to get some extra appreciation. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for taking the time to review us. It makes such a difference to us all.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We're new to the area and decided to try here for our anniversary meal tonight, booked at the last minute! The food, service and atmosphere were all perfect! We'll definitely be back!

Helgakbeer B, Owner at Jack Sprat's, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

So glad you have moved to Dawlish! What a lovely review. I hope you will come and see us again very soon. We are very grateful you took the time to review us. As the beach is closed at the moment, make sure you find your way to Coryton Cove. There is a lovely cafe to try there too! Hope you have great fun exploring the town.