“Decent pub grub.”

The Boathouse
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Dawlish
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family friendly, family run freehouse bar and restaurant right on the seafront at Dawlish Warren. We provide everything from Seattles Finest Coffees to a full menu that covers lunchtime snacks to hearty main courses and desserts to die for. We have a separate childrens menu and a free soft play area for our younger guests. Along with a great range of local ales, we have a full range of lagers, bitters and ciders both draught and bottled. Our wines are a great blend of classics and new world. We are happy to welcome any four legged friends in our lower bar area and outside balconies as long as they are happy to mix with our other guests. With stunning views of the surrounding coastline and just two minutes from the sandy beaches, The Boathouse is a perfect venue for any occasion
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped here on a cold evening after a long walk and it was just what we needed. We all had a good meal and pudding and our son loved sitting in an upturned boat to eat.

There are newer reviews for The Boathouse

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Once again I visited the Boathouse for lunch with my Uncles, Aunty and Mum. A lovely meal on a lovely sunny day with a great view. Haven't been since the extension has been built and I have to say it looks great. Staff were great with cheerful faces even though it was really busy. Made to feel welcome, food lovely. Another fab treat. Thanks Tony and staff.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went for an evening meal during a recent holiday. Have visited this pub many times but this was our first visit for a few years. I totally agree with most of the other reviews that this pub is very expensive for what you actually get. It started with expensive drinks and continued when we browsed the menu. Two of us had the mega lasange and the other two had bbq ribs. Food came out fairly quickly as pub was quiet. Lasange was nowhere near mega and was just ok. Ribs were huge (absolute monsters in fact) and they were good according to the other couple. The fact it is similary priced to the Mount Pleasant which is in different league is a joke!
Overall pub needs new better quality menu with a new pricing structure along with more prompt front of house staff to clean down tables better!

2  Thank waynefoxy
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Where can I start? The tables were dirty and sticky. Despite the fact that the restaurant is pervaded by a vile stench of bleach. (Not off putting at all.) It started off with hopeful intentions as there appeared to be a good selection of vegetarian options but none actually came served with side vegetables. Why? I'm vegetarian therefore I like eating vegetables. What's difficult to understand about that? Anyway me and my husband both ordered the 'vegetable burger served on a seeded bun with mayonnaise, tomato and a generous serving of chips ' for £8.95 each. Yes that's correct, £8.95 FOR A VEGGIE BURGER WITH CHIPS. Mmm a bit pricey for microwaved pubgrub especially as it was a veggie option. We weren't expecting anything sparkling judging by the looks of the place, we thought it would probably be on a par with Wetherspoons but a bit more expensive obviously. How wrong could we be? Anyway, when the food arrived it looked OK. My premature evaluation however soon changed when I bit into the burger. Yeuch! Dry stale bun and a veg burger you could wring the grease out of. Chips were disgusting. In fact there was nothing remotely redeeming about it whatsoever. It was inedible. I ate 6 chips and left everything else. Wetherspoons offerings are like gourmet food compared to this. Avoid this place at all costs and look elsewhere to eat. That is unless you are happy to be ripped off and have no taste in food.

3  Thank Anne S
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Boathouse is clean and tidy although rather 'formulaic'. We found it was a good place to stop for a drink and something to eat. It wasn't very busy when we arrived and our food and the service was good. We ordered the sharing size for two homemade chilli con carne on tortilla chips - the portion was huge so it was definitely good value for money.