“Fantastic Refurbishment Pays Dividends!”

The Mount Pleasant Inn
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Dawlish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dawlish Warren • Devon • EX7 0NA
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Well done to the team at The Mount Pleasant, as the recent refurb has transformed the place into a totally inviting destination.

Whilst the decor, furnishings and menu have all changed out of all recognition, thankfully the view over Lyme Bay hasn't! In fact, the new layout means that even more customers can enjoy the wonderful outlook.

The menu has been broadened to include a wider variety of carbs (I.e. new potatoes, mash, jacket potatoes, as well as chips), to accompany your home-made meal. In my opinion, The Mount Pleasant offers something for everyone. I would suggest that anyone who hasn't visited there for a while, gives the place another opportunity - you won't be disappointed!

Personal favourites from the menu are the home-made Steak Pie and Chips, and the Liver, Bacon, Gravy and Mash. Washed down with a pint of Otter, of course!

5  Thank andymacmillan1967

Reviewed March 8, 2013

the food and service was good and the views onto Dawlish Warren are lovely it is within easy reach of the Croft by car and for Ramblers no problem at all there is also a pub games area and plenty of room to sit outside in the good weather

Reviewed February 26, 2013

my husband and I popped in here for a few drinks while on holiday. staff were friendly views over the sea were fantastic i could have easily sat there all night didnt eat here it was quite expensive but the food did look nice we didnt come here to eat so the price didnt make no diffrence to us would come back again!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice views, nice atmosphere, good location, great food
We enjoyed a drink here on 30th January in the afternoon and also had a meal booked for my 40th on the evening of 31 January.
They have a lovely menu and lucky for us during the period we visited an 80's retro menu at 80's prices - I had lemon chicken starter with mayonnaise, then steak in marsala wine sauce. Very nice food, we will return, thanks

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The last 2 weeks The Mount Pleasant Inn have produced a great little offer to celebrate 25 years in business. Went there last night 06/02/2013 and tried their special 1980's menu with believe it or not 1980's prices......... Excellent.
Prawn Cocktail £3.95, Steak Masala £6.95, Knickerbocker Glory £2.95
Great night also special as Wife's Birthday Celebration for us as a table of four Total price of just food £50. Thanx Wally and your team, and nice to see new carpet throughout, new tables & chairs = complete re-vamp..... I must say it was getting tired.
Can't wait to return for the 60's menu ha! ha!
Only downside that always annoys me (23 years) ....... Service at the Bar always slow.
Only one on at most times. Staff busy talking to each other, then bar staff have to take previous food order to kitchen hatch.
Only takes seconds, then before you know it there's a queue at bar and when staff return no-one knows who's next to be served. Must be a better system out there.