“Superb!!!”
Review of The Witches Bowl - CLOSED

The Witches Bowl
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Witches Bowl is run by Husband and Wife team, Arthur and Sue, with their Daughter Gilly. Originally from Essex and with over 25 years of collective experience in catering, they decided to move to the beautiful town of Dawlish to fulfil their ambition of running their own restaurant. Front of House is where you'll normally find Arthur and Sue offering warm welcomes and friendly service and behind the scenes in the kitchen is where you'll find Gilly, preparing and cooking meals fresh to order.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Really don't understand some of the recent reviews. We dined at The Witches Bowl again tonight together with some friends who were dining there on an evening for the first time. I have to say that we were all delighted with the food! It is a very friendly local restaurant where nothing is too much trouble and undoubtedly very good value for money. If ever there was a problem I would at least give the owners an opportunity to put matters right which I am sure they would without hesitation. I guess everyone makes mistakes but in our experience the Witches Bowl has never disappointed and I would recommend it to anyone as a great place to eat.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were very disappointed with our visit yesterday.
Stuck in a dark corner of the restaurant which was very cold and lacking in atmosphere.
Lack lustre service , horrible coffee and we could not have our first choice of main meal as they only had enough for one we both ordered lamb.
Just meat and 2 veg , 3 small new potatoes and a few pieces of broccoli hardly inspired cooking. The meat pie was dry where was the ale gravy? The gravy brought out with the lamb was very salty.
At no time were we approached to see if everything was allright , I think an owner came and cleared our plates very disinterested attutude.
We will not be returning , we have let the HiLife Dining Club know of our experience which we are members of and hopefully they will take these comments on board

2  Thank L P
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had a lunchtime meal - was more like a cafe than a proper restaurant - inattentive staff, food service slow and presentation lacking in any imagination - cannot recommend this other than in an emergency. Really rather basic in every way. Main meal consisted of meat and 2 vegetables - no garnishes offered. We did not dare to try a sweet after the main meal.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch on a Friday afternoon. The bacon and cheese sandwiches were very tasty. The restaurant was very chilly however on a winter afternoon. Next time I will bundle up a bit more.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Best breakfast around and great value too! Visited the other evening also and have to say I had the best slow roasted belly pork I have ever tasted. Sunday roast next and from what I hear, won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Gerdi99