We have returned home today from our week's Christmas holiday at the Welcome.
Everything exceeded our expectations. The size of the bungalow chalet was a good size for a family of four. Equipped with everything you needed to be self catering. The cooker was as good as the one I have at home. We had packed thermal clothes including onesies and dressing gowns as we thought it would be cold but we hardly needed to put the heating on!. We all slept well. We did take our own bedding but didn't need to as there was more than enough provided. Bathroom was a good surprise , powerful shower and very modern decorated. The grounds around the park were wonderfully kept. Although there was no entertainment or swimming leisure open it really didn't matter to us. We took our daughter to a local hotel to use their pool once , was very cheap. We took lots of games to play on the evenings plus the chalet has a freeview box with all the channels we needed. The staff were all great and helpful especially the reception staff. The overall cleanliness was very good. There was a couple of minor issues but nothing we felt we had to report , we just dealt with them ourselves . I felt confident that if I had of reported it , the staff would have dealt with it in a professional manner and promptly.
We choose Welcome as it had a great deal plus we could take our much loved Golden Retriever with us . Dawlish Warren is lovely. Great walks and everything you need locally . Dawlish a short car drive away which is full of great independent shops , a lovely little place to shop & browse.
Overall we were more than happy and will be returning in the future.
Thank you Welcome for a lovely Christmas break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome Family Holiday Park in Dawlish Warren, Devon is a friendly, independent, family run park with a genuine customer focus, offering all you need to make your holiday in Devon a wonderful and memorable experience. Located just a few minutes level walk from a Blue Flag beach, and close to many tourist attractions makes Welcome the ideal location for a family holiday. On park there is range of holiday homes, caravans and lodges to suit all tastes and budgets; we really have something for everyone, including fabulous nightly entertainment from Easter to October, fantastic indoor swimming complex, free crazy golf and Wi-Fi; - Its no surprise that so many of our customers return every year. Welcome Family - Where the fun always shines! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Welcome Family Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcome Family Holiday Park Hotel Dawlish
- Welcome Family Holiday Park Dawlish, Devon