“Christmas Break”

Welcome Family Holiday Park
Bristol
“Christmas Break”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We have returned home today from our week's Christmas holiday at the Welcome.

Everything exceeded our expectations. The size of the bungalow chalet was a good size for a family of four. Equipped with everything you needed to be self catering. The cooker was as good as the one I have at home. We had packed thermal clothes including onesies and dressing gowns as we thought it would be cold but we hardly needed to put the heating on!. We all slept well. We did take our own bedding but didn't need to as there was more than enough provided. Bathroom was a good surprise , powerful shower and very modern decorated. The grounds around the park were wonderfully kept. Although there was no entertainment or swimming leisure open it really didn't matter to us. We took our daughter to a local hotel to use their pool once , was very cheap. We took lots of games to play on the evenings plus the chalet has a freeview box with all the channels we needed. The staff were all great and helpful especially the reception staff. The overall cleanliness was very good. There was a couple of minor issues but nothing we felt we had to report , we just dealt with them ourselves . I felt confident that if I had of reported it , the staff would have dealt with it in a professional manner and promptly.

We choose Welcome as it had a great deal plus we could take our much loved Golden Retriever with us . Dawlish Warren is lovely. Great walks and everything you need locally . Dawlish a short car drive away which is full of great independent shops , a lovely little place to shop & browse.

Overall we were more than happy and will be returning in the future.

Thank you Welcome for a lovely Christmas break!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank BristolJoanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 11, 2013

WE were at the park for two weeks - having read all the positive reviews.

I just don't understand why people are giving this place 5 stars. There is nothing terrible, but 5 stars surely means its the best it can possibly be - which it isn't.

Accommodation:
We stayed in a Casafina. We arrived at 10am and unfortunately it wasn't ready until 4pm -
thats fine as thats the advertised time - just annoying as everyone elses seemed to be ready!
Fag ends were littered outside the door - I had to pick them up myself.
The Casafina itself was spacious and well appointed. It was really smart looking - much much better than a caravan and , from speaking to others who stayed in a caravan, not really that much more expensive.
There were of course some minor issues (bathroom floor VERY slippy and wet owing to the shower design -take a mat), double bed was uncomfortable, kitchen floor was VERY dirty, I had to get the Flash wipes out when we first got there, outside furniture was old and very dirty and sticky, cobwebs in the high bits, carpets had not been hoovered in two of the bedrooms, wooden floor in living room was not very clean.

Of course its easy to complain, there were lots of good bits too - full size fridge freezer, well appointed kitchen (though we always take our own sharp knives - and maybe a bit light on baking trays), great decor (though there is wear and tear), feeling of lots of space throughout. You have to bear in mind though thats its basically a posh caravan, so you won't find the levels of space or comfort you get at home, but as a holiday home its great overrall.

Park:
I hadn't realised that the park is not enclosed - ie its not behind a fence or gated. I have stayed in lots of holiday parks over the years and they have all been either gated or at least fairly seperate from the rest of the world.
This gives you a sense of safety - no traffic, no chance of the kids wandering off and going near traffic, no chance of outsiders being onsite etc.
To get into the park you just turn off the main road onto one of the "streets" and you are in. If you find yourself at the top of the park you will be close to the main road with nothing seperating you. Its a quiet road anyway so not a massive deal - but I was surprised noone else had mentioned it.

Food:
We ate onsite a few times. Home delivery was great. I really liked the burgers and chips I had. Pizzas did not go down well at all, neither did the milkshakes.
Service was good, but they always seemed to be understaffed and working very hard - especially in the daytime.

Entertainment:
Bingo. I dislike Bingo. I think it has a place, but it was taken quite seriously, so seriously I had to take my children out when it was on - people pulling faces and shushing. It does seem popular though. I dislike the fact that every time there is a 3 they rhyme it with wee. Also one of the callers did a speech impediment / learning difficulty voice for 6's which was mildly offensive.
The main entertainment was on quite late for us. We were there from 6pm until 9:30pm on most nights. The tiny tots shows, 3 times a week were enjoyed by their target audience. To adults – they are terrible (but this is the case everywhere). We saw games being played a couple of times – which looked fun (but watching people grind together to burst balloons – leaving little to the imagination makes me uncomfortable when with my kids). Did not see any of the main shows as they are on far too for my kids. I could hear them from my lodge – sounded quite adventurous.
Don’t sit near the toilets – the smell from the gents is really unpleasant. One of the entertainment staff even joked about it during his routine.

People queued from 5:30 to get in but you really don’t need to. The room was never totally full. We got there by 6pm so we could sit near the front so the kids could run around on the dance floor.
JRC – Jolly Roger Club – this is where they take the kids so the adults can play Bingo. 2 of the entertainment crew go in there with them and parents are welcome too. They usually chatted for a bit, played some games, then far too often ended the last 20 minutes or so watching a film. This is lazy. The kids of course ate it up as they will watch anything, but I would have expected some short cartoons or something – so they can be watched in their entirety. What we had was 15 minutes or so of The Lorax each night. By Friday it was not finished, several kids were asking when they could see the end – they couldn’t of course!

I felt safe in there – there is security.
Daytime – there is usually some stuff until midday ish, then nothing until the evening. Which is fine as far as I’m concerned. The competitions that are on in the daytime are of mixed quality.

Pool: The spa pool was rarely on, and when it was it was very mild and not really a spa pool at all. The bit near the island in the fun pool had a current that almost carried you round - but it was also rarely turned on (I went swimming 7 times at different times of the day). There is mold and damp in places on the walls, the waterfall has algae growing on the wet bits and the rocks are rarely cleaned - they too have algae on them.
Sometimes the changing rooms are pretty dirty on the floor, and saw discarded knickers and sanitary towels on the floor. There was the usual inconsistensy in rule enforcement from the lifeguards - who occassionally took a stool each at oppositte ends of the pool complex (when the more mature lifeguard was there), but usually sat together at one end chatting.
Occassionaly the fun pool would be dominated by a large group playing with beach balls or lovely young men directing the really annoying powerful occassional water jets at everyone meaning if you had young kids you just had to get out - the lifeguards did nothing. On balance though, we had a great time in the pools and the kids loved being able to swap between pools, play with inflatables etc. There were plenty of changing rooms. And whilst I understand the reasons, the 1pm close was a pain – I kept forgetting.

Crazy golf:
This is free, and just as well. The kids had fun (don’t they always) – but its old, falling apart, though well painted. Contrary to what the signs around the park say, you get the clubs from the swimming pool reception, not main reception. Sometimes they asked for a pass sometimes they didn’t.

Amusements:
Kids love it here. Standard penny drops, claws and other machines. Fruit machines are mostly old (not necessarily a bad thing), as are the games.
Air hockey is aging and not working that well.

Smoking:
I do not take my children to smoky places and hate smoking. With that in mind, and given there is a smoking shelter outside the entertainment venue, I think smoking should not be allowed in the outdoor area between the amusements and venue. There are some seats and decking there, I wanted to sit outside with my kids, but had to leave as the place was full of smokers. There are also buckets of sand out there which my 2 year old did not understand and kept putting her hands in to play in the sand pit.
Amusement arcade staff also went there for cigarettes – in view of the children they are serving.

Staff:
All staff I was in contact with were polite and friendly. Reception very helpful. Even the overworked girl in the food place in the daytime, who had to deal with some terribly rude and ignorant people was friendly and pleasant.

Having read the negative reviews too I'm sure whoever responds will criticise anything negative I have said above...

Dawlish Warren is nice - good beach and only a short walk away.

We had an Indian meal delivered from the place recommended by REception - it was outstanding.
The local Chinese restaurant on the way to Dawlish Warren was ok - nothing special.

Overrall - I don't think I'd go back. It wasn't terrible - I've stayed in far worse - but it wasn't quite as good as I expected from reading the reviews before I booked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Acornise
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to give a thorough review …

Accommodation: The Casafina Lodge is the smaller version of our Casita but with the same touches of luxury and comfort so we’re really pleased you enjoyed the overall space and feel. We’re sorry you had to carry out some cleaning duties – we would have been more than happy to rectify this for you, had you reported it on arrival.

Park: The park is situated off a fairly quiet road and once you come into the park, all holiday homes are set well back away from the road. Several other holiday parks share this road too.

Food: We’re pleased you enjoyed the restaurant and takeaway food overall. You visited us in our busiest time so no doubt all staff were working incredibly hard – we notice you have given us a 5 star rating for service so we’re really pleased our high standards were kept, throughout such a busy time.

Entertainment: Bingo … you either love it or hate it! It does seem to be a very popular activity whilst on holiday, however, we realise this is not for everyone which is why we make sure it takes up a very small time slot of the nightly entertainment programme in the hope that during a typical evening, we can provide something to keep everyone happy.

Regarding the times of the main entertainment shows – we have tried just about every way possible over the years in the hope of pleasing every age of guest. If we find a way to do this almost impossible task then rest assured we will implement it. This year we have introduced some earlier shows especially for the little ones, which we’re pleased to say has gone down a treat. We apologise if any of our Entertainment staff offended you with their humour.

The Jolly Roger Club (JRC) is a very popular childrens club. We’re sorry it wasn’t a hit with you but the entertainment is aimed to keep the kids happy – which is does!

Crazy Golf: This facility is extremely popular - we carry out regular maintenance and cleaning throughout the season and always refurbish it during the Winter months to make sure it looks shiny and new again for our spring opening.

Smoking: We appreciate the majority of our guests find smoking unpleasant which is why we politely ask our guests to refrain from smoking inside their holiday homes. We therefore have to provide shelter for smokers – this is only fair.

We’re disappointed you won’t return to us but pleased you seemed to have an enjoyable 2 weeks overall.
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

well where do i start after a 3 night stay into a weeks holiday at the park it was so bad we came home. we Arrived on sat was given mouldy bed linen so back we go for new. the caravan was dirty and mouldy and made in the ice age. they did say they would send housekeeping round but unless they had a bulldozer to pull it down or a month to deep clean it would not of helped. but we decided to carry on and sample the entertainment. we got there around 7.30 and the whole place was crammed with people to get a pushchair in was impossible. but we managed to squeeze in somewhere and they started a quiz. now the questions was mostly about the reps which rep is having a baby and which rep is nicknamed roland and which rep plays rugby umm i do not know as we have just arrived and we have no clue who any of you are. I will say the kids club was fantastic for the first time ever our daughter left our side to go and play games and was very good that the club was on the side of the venue so they could leave the club and come straight back into you which helped as my daughter has a disabillity with her speech so was ressureing that she could come to us if she was not happy as she would not be able to tell anyone. The next day we decide to go swimming. iv never known a swimming pool to not have a family changing room the cubicles was in the open to everyone and flooded and was tiny you could just about fit you in it let alone anyone else so here i was on my own with a 1 year old with no where to change him. i had to change him on a baby tray still soaking wet in my cozy trying not to get him wet. then after i had sorted him and popped him in the pushchair unless i went in the cubicle and shut the door and left him out in the open on my own i was screwed. so i ended up getting changed in the disabled toilet which was flooded. so here comes the night time the club opens at 6 so we thought if we get there for 6 we might be able to get a table this time how wrong we were the place was crammed again. now what we found out is that people start queuing from 3pm with there little chairs to get a table iv never known anything so stupid in my life. whats even worse the club opens at 10am on fri people que from 5 am in the morn. well after queuing nearly a hour for a drink then another hour for a bingo card we had had enough there was a baby comp going on that lasted over a hour of watching kids crying and screaming cause they wanted to get down and being forced to stay there. we only stayed as my daughter was enjoying the kids club. we actually found out by the lady that the park was fully booked over 2000 people the complex only takes around 600 but they put 900 in there hmmmmm. where the hell was the rest suppose to go? as you can imagine we decided to stay in the next night well glad we did my little girl came down with the worse stomach bug ever which she caught at the park by this time enough was enough and after talking to several other people who was also ready to go home i decided to try and salvage some of our wasted money back and go home. which they did refund the rest of our stay. I also asked a few people any of there family had been ill at the park i got a couple of replys i don't know cause i was 2 busy getting pissed and the other one said i don't know i have left my kids in the next caravan so i can go out. well it just shows what cilentale they have there to be honest.Its safe tio say we have wasted 0ver a £100 of our hard working money on this shambles and will never go back again and very glad to be home.
oh i was also told that if i came out of school holidays thaen i might of had a better time that i had picked the worst time to go. if you can not accomadate familys then do not book them simples

7 Thank nikki r
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We remember you well – our Customer Care Manager spoke to you at length about all the issues you have raised in your review, on the day you decided to leave us.

We’re really sorry the cleanliness was not up to our usual high standards and as discussed with you the day you left, it was a shame you didn’t bring this to our attention sooner, so we could help.

We’re pleased your Daughter enjoyed the kids club so much, but disappointed to hear you didn’t fully enjoy our entertainment programme. We do have a lot of regular guests during this week, however, we want to make everybody feel part of our Welcome Family so we have already passed your comments onto our Entertainments Director to ensure nobody feels left out.

It hasn’t been long since we completed our extensive modernisation of the pool changing rooms and when designing the new layout, we made sure the individual lockable changing rooms were adequate for more than one person, appealing to our family market.

The last week of the season is incredibly popular so there is little we can do about that good old Great British institution – queuing! However, we always have additional bar and club staff working during our exceptionally busy periods, helping to ensure the queues are orderly and kept to a minimum.

We strongly disagree with your comment that we allow more than the maximum capacity of people into our club – something which our Customer Care Manager discussed with you at great length.

We have a maximum capacity of around 800 in the club at any one time, and have seats for around 700. It is normal for any popular public place to have standing room, as well as seated. We have security staff clicking guests in and out to ensure we do not exceed this, as we take our Health & Safety responsibilities very seriously. Our Club Manager informs us we had a maximum of 750 people visit the club on any one evening, this particular week.

We were naturally concerned that your Daughter became unwell whilst staying with us. As we explained to you at the time, infectious bugs can easily be passed on by other guests whilst on holiday. To protect our guests, our terms and conditions state that if anyone has had a contagious bug, within 4 weeks of their arrival, we have the right to refuse the booking. We sincerely hope your Daughter has recovered well.

Once you had brought these matters to our attention (on the day you left), we accepted our failings and apologised sincerely, as well as offering you a full refund – no quibble.
Scotland
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed off season as it was cheap accomodation and we needed to be in the area. The booking team were keen to stress the lack of facilities but that was fine. We went for the cheapest Sandsurfer for 4 nights and thought we might have a wee break. "Keep the quality, throw the prices" seemed like a good tagline.

We were advied many times that this was pet friendly accomodation and may have traces they could not remove. We don't have a dog but I am very dog friendly and don't mind to odd hair or occasional sniff but this was overpowering. Went back to reception and the lovely lady was very understanding and swopped us immediately to the spare unit. I did ask about moving to a non doggy one but none were clean. The second one was similarly bad. This one had a faint whiff of dog, but also a musty smell and an odour of urine. We went to sleep as we'd had a long journey, you got used to it after a while. I also felt they would all be the same and we were already in the backup bungalow. We went out and about in Devon for a few days and used it as our crash pad. As we left the (again lovely) lady asked about our stay. She did arrange for the housekeeper to look into the smells and the other issues (dirty toilet, scummy havent-been-cleaned-properly-in-a-long-while areas in the shower, mould at the windows, etc) and the outcome was she arranged a full refund.

Would I pay to stay here again....no.
Would I stay here again for free....probably not. Every item of clothing we took into the accomodation had needed to be cleaned to get rid of the smell.
I probably should have made more of a fuss at the time.

Anyway the kids loved it, they didn't notice the scum, they got to eat takeaway and had unlimited ceebeebies and the staff were genuinely lovely, helpful and friendly. With cleaning it would have been perfectly adequate although basic. If you can afford even a little bit more then upgrade, or you never know the housekeeping may have been improved by then....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank HoildayFor4
We’re so sorry you experienced some issues with our pet friendly accommodation. Our Customer Care Manager spoke with you on the day you left, and sincerely apologised that we were unable to upgrade you to a pet free accommodation at the time.

We make every effort to advise guests, prior to booking, that a pet friendly holiday home may not be suitable if you are not bringing a pet - so we were pleased to hear you were advised of this many times before booking. We pride ourselves on our honesty, as we want to make sure our guests are completely happy with their choice of accommodation.

As you know, we immediately asked our Housekeeping Manager to take a look at your accommodation, and our Customer Care Manager contacted you the following day to give you the outcome of our investigation, offering you a full refund by way of recognising our shortfalls in this case. We know you appreciated this greatly.

It’s such a shame to hear you will not be returning as it sounds like you found a few positives too. We’re really pleased to hear your children loved it here – we hope, at least, that they have taken away some fond memories of Welcome Family.

Our Autumn/Winter breaks are accommodation only – our usual facilities will be resumed for our main holiday season, starting on 5th April 2014.
kent
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Firstly, have been coming to this park for 20 years, so have seen a lot of changes. Have read previous reviews and feel that i have to put my own input.

THE GOOD POINTS:

The location is great. The warren beach is a 15 min stroll. Good for getting around to see Devon.
The entertainment is fab. It's not to everyone's taste, but you can go anywhere and find fault. The whole team work hard and keep the kids and the adults amused at all times. The last week is always a little different from the previous weeks. Work hard and play hard is the phrase that comes to mind.
The bar staff are great. Friendly and always get involved with whatever theme there is for the night.
The grounds are very well kept and the camp is clean and tidy.

NOW THE NOT SO GOOD POINTS:

Arrived early as we always do. Park outside the caravan that we had booked (paid £10 for this privilege). Time 1045 am. The family were still in the caravan, with the children smearing their fingers/sandwich on the side windows. Vacation of caravans are 10.am. Informed check-in that we were on site. As in the past, they took my telephone number and said they would call when the caravan was ready.

Came back to the caravan at 2pm. Had no phone call so looked inside caravan to see progress. Tea/coffee was laid up on the dining table, Stools on table, Caravan looked unclean. Went away, Got to reception at 345 pm. Receptionist said that caravan was ready (No call). Went into caravan and it had been locked up with nothing else done to clean it. There was egg shell in the kitchen sink. Hairs in the shower cubicle and sink basin in the toilet. The caravan had not been hoovered, and the windows and inside mirror in lounge were still smeared with butter/ finger marks!! At this point the time was 430 pm. Kids were getting hungry and we had to unpack etc, as we wanted to go to the club, and it gets really busy this week as it is last week of season. My wife packs some cleaning fluids as she likes to make sure that it is to 'her standards'. She got to work on cleaning, while I went to complain. Got to reception and there were several people all complaining about cleanliness of units!!! The response that they were given was that cleaning teams would be sent to re-clean, but as some had finished work, it might not be until the morning. As in the good old British way, I decided to walk out and just get on with my holiday.

The caravans are starting to look 'tatty'. The seats in the lounge of ours were coming apart at the seams. There was a little bit of mold in the shower. The wallpaper was torn(probably from the terror kids before us). Crayon was drawn in one of the bedroom walls. The skirting was missing in the lounge and the edging on the sides just came off in your hand.The lounge seats were damp/wet.

The welcome bite has also slipped. We have always eaten there, but this year the food has not been so good. It has turned into a more cafe style. i.e chips with everything. I had a curry, 4 pieces of chicken and very watery. Took it back. Chile the next night, same as the curry. Most of the time was chicken nugget/ fish and chips. or just chips. They even manage to burn our friends pizza!!!! Needs to go back to the quality it was. £7.95 for a meal is not that cheap, although there were 2 for £10 deals.

Last night in the club, two young persons got abusive/loud. Found it very uncomfortable to see the security guard standing on the stage making the point to him, that if he didn't leave in no uncertain terms(expletive was thrown in), he would put him head first through the wall/window. As it was the last night of the season, he didn't give a flying *@@*. NICE. One of the entertainers, who was saying goodbye to everyone, just froze to the spot in astonishment!!!

As in previous comments, there seems to be a big issue with accommodation cleanliness. It is o.k. for the resort customer care manager to get defensive of the park, but it does seem that there are some quite large issues to be resolved. It's all well and good stating that they have been given 4* rating, but what will happen in the future when people start to complain to those in the tourism industry. Welcome has a core clientele, like me, that have been going for years. Children's children are now going. Would be a shame to let it all go to waste if comments are ignored or disputed. Old saying," Customer is always right", (most of the time).

Next years prices have been released. Where do you get 2.5% inflation rise. Last week of season for a Casita 2013. £520. 2014 £600 = 13.33% rise. Casafina 2013 £400. 2014 £495 = 23.75% rise.
Other end of scale. Sunset (2 bed cheapest) 2013 £225. 2014 £305 = 37.77 % rise.Coral reef 2013 £365. 2014 £400 =8.75% rise. The public are not stupid. I know that Mark Price stated that bookings were up by 35% on last year, I hope he didn't get fed wrong information.

As I have stated, I have been going for many years. We will be returning next year. Unfortunately, I am thinking of booking through a private person, as this year has somewhat put me off. The cleanliness needs addressing. Some friends were staying in a Casita (Top of range) and they had to have theirs re-cleaned.....Bit of a shame to see such a great place letting standards slip.

1 Thank chappers1964
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
You are correct - check out time is 10.00am but it is often necessary to remind our guests of the this as it can sometimes be difficult to get all the children ready and packed up by this time! Either way, we always make sure your holiday home is ready to occupy by our check in time of 4.00pm the latest. Apologies for the text service fault – this was reported to our IT department at the time.

We are disappointed to hear the caravan was not up to standard. These things are always best reported to us at the time. We always rectify issues the same day – we don’t go home until there are!

We’re surprised to hear you didn’t enjoy the Welcome Bite menu which was reviewed again for this season, based on guest feedback. We hope you were given a refund or replacement food.

Your comments regarding the security guard has alarmed us and will therefore be fully investigated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Unfortunately we have had to introduce an unavoidable price increase - we have held our prices at inflation or below for over 5 years, up to now. You will see most of the peak season price increases are in line with inflation. Forgive us for pointing out that some of your 2013 prices you have quoted are not right – sorry!

Don’t forget, it’s not just the accommodation you are paying for – we are an extremely popular, well regarded family holiday park with superb facilities, set in beautiful gardens and a convenient location. We are priced extremely competitively in comparison with other parks in the area and truly believe our product is special.

We would be incredibly foolish to ignore our guests invaluable feedback. We will always listen and treat it with the respect it deserves. Once we answer all reviews (good and bad), they are passed onto each relevant department, to see how we can improve the holiday experience and evolve our product accordingly. Thank you for contributing towards this. We truly hope to see you back next year.
Melksham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Once again after 14 years visiting the welcome holiday park I have had a brilliant family holiday. My daughter who is 9 gets asked every year abroad or welcome and every year the same answer "welcome" The entertainment team some how just gets better and better every year, the shows get bigger and bigger I'm sure this is because of the talent and experience of Mark Price the entertainment director. The day time activities was well run and organised by the entertainment team. The best thing I enjoy about the entertainment is you can get involved or sit back and watch. During bingo the entertainment team run a kids club so the children don't get bored. The club was always clean and the bar staff always polite and cheerful and the prices are always reasonable. The security on the door will not let any children leave without there parents and all other doors alarmed. The food at the welcome bite I am aware is an franchise and not run by the holiday park was an improvement and glad to see the prices was more reasonable. The reception staff are a credit to the park always polite and cheerful and are the first people you see it helps they always have a smile. Having read the comments on trip advisor about problems people have I would like to confirm when things haven't been what I expected or problems once reported to reception they have been quickly corrected by the highly qualified maintenance team. Every one goes on holiday to enjoy them selves sometimes the noise at night is a little load from caravans having a party with friends but the security are always polite when asking you to keep the noise down and respect the other guests. The swimming pool does at times feel a little cold but the changing rooms have been improved. I always stay in the casamigo because we have a dog. On arrival it is always clean and tidy (and a bottle of complementary wine) yes there are some pet hairs in carpet but it is a pet allowed caravan so what so people expect. To end I would like to thank the owner and all the staff from the reception staff to the entertainers, maintenance staff and cleaners for 13 years of great holidays. I think it's a credit that on the Friday of the last week there was a queue at reception people booking for season 2014 (which I booked two holidays).

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank chris101log
We have a lot to thank Mark Price for (our Entertainments Director) – him and his team of talented Bluecoats work incredibly hard to put on a great show every single day.

Thank you for your kind comments the Welcome staff – we’re really pleased to hear you appreciated the Welcome smile from the moment you stepped through our doors to the moment you left us!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My family have been going to the welcome for 21 years and it has never failed us!! The entertainment is second to none! Mark always finds great people for his team's!! Also the location is fantastic!!!

Keep up the good work and we'll see you in 2014 - can't wait!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We’re so pleased you enjoyed your 21st year with us and Mark Price will be thrilled to hear you loved the 2013 team!

See you next year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Exeter
The Orestone Manor
The Orestone Manor
#9 of 87 in Torquay

Been to Welcome Family Holiday Park? Share your experiences!