well where do i start after a 3 night stay into a weeks holiday at the park it was so bad we came home. we Arrived on sat was given mouldy bed linen so back we go for new. the caravan was dirty and mouldy and made in the ice age. they did say they would send housekeeping round but unless they had a bulldozer to pull it down or a month to deep clean it would not of helped. but we decided to carry on and sample the entertainment. we got there around 7.30 and the whole place was crammed with people to get a pushchair in was impossible. but we managed to squeeze in somewhere and they started a quiz. now the questions was mostly about the reps which rep is having a baby and which rep is nicknamed roland and which rep plays rugby umm i do not know as we have just arrived and we have no clue who any of you are. I will say the kids club was fantastic for the first time ever our daughter left our side to go and play games and was very good that the club was on the side of the venue so they could leave the club and come straight back into you which helped as my daughter has a disabillity with her speech so was ressureing that she could come to us if she was not happy as she would not be able to tell anyone. The next day we decide to go swimming. iv never known a swimming pool to not have a family changing room the cubicles was in the open to everyone and flooded and was tiny you could just about fit you in it let alone anyone else so here i was on my own with a 1 year old with no where to change him. i had to change him on a baby tray still soaking wet in my cozy trying not to get him wet. then after i had sorted him and popped him in the pushchair unless i went in the cubicle and shut the door and left him out in the open on my own i was screwed. so i ended up getting changed in the disabled toilet which was flooded. so here comes the night time the club opens at 6 so we thought if we get there for 6 we might be able to get a table this time how wrong we were the place was crammed again. now what we found out is that people start queuing from 3pm with there little chairs to get a table iv never known anything so stupid in my life. whats even worse the club opens at 10am on fri people que from 5 am in the morn. well after queuing nearly a hour for a drink then another hour for a bingo card we had had enough there was a baby comp going on that lasted over a hour of watching kids crying and screaming cause they wanted to get down and being forced to stay there. we only stayed as my daughter was enjoying the kids club. we actually found out by the lady that the park was fully booked over 2000 people the complex only takes around 600 but they put 900 in there hmmmmm. where the hell was the rest suppose to go? as you can imagine we decided to stay in the next night well glad we did my little girl came down with the worse stomach bug ever which she caught at the park by this time enough was enough and after talking to several other people who was also ready to go home i decided to try and salvage some of our wasted money back and go home. which they did refund the rest of our stay. I also asked a few people any of there family had been ill at the park i got a couple of replys i don't know cause i was 2 busy getting pissed and the other one said i don't know i have left my kids in the next caravan so i can go out. well it just shows what cilentale they have there to be honest.Its safe tio say we have wasted 0ver a £100 of our hard working money on this shambles and will never go back again and very glad to be home.
oh i was also told that if i came out of school holidays thaen i might of had a better time that i had picked the worst time to go. if you can not accomadate familys then do not book them simples
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome Family Holiday Park in Dawlish Warren, Devon is a friendly, independent, family run park with a genuine customer focus, offering all you need to make your holiday in Devon a wonderful and memorable experience. Located just a few minutes level walk from a Blue Flag beach, and close to many tourist attractions makes Welcome the ideal location for a family holiday. On park there is range of holiday homes, caravans and lodges to suit all tastes and budgets; we really have something for everyone, including fabulous nightly entertainment from Easter to October, fantastic indoor swimming complex, free crazy golf and Wi-Fi; - Its no surprise that so many of our customers return every year. Welcome Family - Where the fun always shines! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Welcome Family Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcome Family Holiday Park Hotel Dawlish
- Welcome Family Holiday Park Dawlish, Devon