Check-in fantastic, very welcoming reception staff. We stayed in a wave surfer which was better than I expected, slightly musty smell at first but soon aired out once the windows were open. Could do with some window locks though as our climbing one year old scaled the sofa and was almost out of the window a couple of times! Also would be better if the table was not on a carpeted area as children tend to drop food occasionally which led to some frantic scrubbing. Everything was clean and comfortable though.
We used the pool a few times however having small children it would have been good if the pool staff could have moved on some of the older children and adults who were making it difficult for the little children to enjoy themselves in the toddler pool.
The children enjoyed the kids entertainment and the JRC. But the main show was too late at 10:15 for us to enjoy as we needed to put the little ones to bed or they would've screamed throughout, the little I saw was good, though probably better if you're a regular and get the 'in' jokes.
One strange thing is the queuing that happens for the bar. It's as if everyone's at the post office! I think most people join the queue for fear of being lynched if they attempt to wait at the bar as you usually would in a club/pub. Some healthier food options would be nice rather than the mainly deep fried offerings but the kitchens in the accomodation are well equipped enough to make a meal 'at home'.
Overall a good time was had by all and great proximity to the beach. Our eldest is keen to come again and has started putting on show time at home and calling himself uncle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome Family Holiday Park in Dawlish Warren, Devon is a friendly, independent, family run park with a genuine customer focus, offering all you need to make your holiday in Devon a wonderful and memorable experience. Located just a few minutes level walk from a Blue Flag beach, and close to many tourist attractions makes Welcome the ideal location for a family holiday. On park there is range of holiday homes, caravans and lodges to suit all tastes and budgets; we really have something for everyone, including fabulous nightly entertainment from Easter to October, fantastic indoor swimming complex, free crazy golf and Wi-Fi; - Its no surprise that so many of our customers return every year. Welcome Family - Where the fun always shines! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Welcome Family Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcome Family Holiday Park Hotel Dawlish
- Welcome Family Holiday Park Dawlish, Devon