Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
$125
Travelocity
$93
PremierInn.com
The Imperial Exmouth Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
$63
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Royal Beacon Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
$61
$52
Priceline
Ashton Court(Exmouth)
$110
  • Breakfast included
1,377 results
All reviewsgold chaletentertainment teambad reviewsnext yeargreat holidaydvd playerevening entertainmentshop on siteoutdoor poolfrankieshowsjackmarkheather
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Writing this in retrospect, after reading the other reviews - it is actullay a relief. Me and my mother, on holiday with my two young sons, 1 and 3 in September, could not believe our eyes, nose or any of our other senses, when we walked into the chalet which would be our 'home' for the next 4 days. All I need say is that it was truley disguisting in everyway imaginable. We did not complain as we were on our £9.50 holiday and I thought that we would be made to make do. I wish I had of complained because in hindesight, I can't believe we stuck it out for the full 4 days. We spent little time in the accommodation, if you have been you will apprecaite why- If you haven't please 'curiosity does not kill the cat', but black mould may. From our chalet we could see the renovated chalets - to what standard I do not know. All I know is they charge people to stay in these foul, disgustingly dirty hell holes. On our drive in we were singing hi-di-hi-di-hi and laughing - this came to an abrupt stop on actually being given the keys.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
ParkmanHastings, Owner at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2010

Golden Sands Holiday Park has recently been acquired by Park Holidays UK, one of the UK's leading holiday park operators. 2009 was the first full year of operation under new ownership and we have listened very carefully to the feedback of our customers. Customer comments were both complimentary and critical. We are delighted that our entertainment programme has received fantastic reviews yet again and customers have also enjoyed both indoor and outdoor pools. Clearly the main issue has been accommodation and in particular some of the chalets. We were concerned that the accommodation was not up to the high standards expected by Park Holidays UK customers so we have taken drastic action over the winter months. EVERY chalet at Golden Sands has been either decorated or completely refurbished including all new furniture, new kitchens and new shower rooms. Our investment has also included the replacement of 39 caravan holiday homes. Our oldest holiday homes have been replaced with brand new models direct from the factory. This considerable investment of many hundreds of thousands of pounds will ensure that Golden Sands can be booked with confidence for 2010 and beyond. We would invite all guests that may have been less than satisfied with their holiday or short break last year to come back again in 2010.

Reviewed October 30, 2009

This place is a disgrace an absolute dump read the other reviews and take heed DO NOT STAY HERE we transferred to Peppermint park which is lovely. This place is a dive and the advertising a blatant falsehood.
iT SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. It needs millions spent on it to achieve any sort of standard.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2009

My partner and I decided to have get both our families together and have a weekend break. We had 2 chalets next to each other and they were both absolutely disgusting. We were shocked at the state of the park and complained immediately to the reception staff who didnt seem to care. We were told the park was full and we couldnt be moved. We tried to make the best of this 3 night break. But it was VERY difficult as we had a 5 month old baby in our party. We couldnt put the baby down anywhere as the place was so dirty. Nobody could use the shower as it was so filthy and there was black mould on the ceilings in the bathroom and bedrooms, and the shower tray was black. There was still shampoo and soap from previous occupants on the walls in the bathroom. The toilet seat was broken.
The door and window frames were rotted and the furnishings were all either dirty or broken. The bunk beds were wobbly and we were concerned for the children who were sleeping in them. The paint was peeling off the bunk bed frames.
The cooker didnt work properly, there was a puddle on the floor from the leaking fridge. The cutlery was filthy and hadnt been washed. Somebody had put it back into the cupboard without washing it up!!!!! We couldnt even bring the courage to have a drink from any of the glasses or cups.
We had school chairs in our dining room and the bed that the 5th person had to sleep in was the sofa. Well that was a piece of wood covered in material and was so hard.
The chest of drawers in the rooms were falling apart.
We looked out of the window on saturday morning and I wish I had taken a photograph. There was rubbish being blown all around the park. The seagulls were having a great time with it.
Our whole holiday was comletely ruined. We had worked so hard to get the money together to have this break and I feel VERY strongly that PARK Holidays should be compensating us.
I urge EVERYONE who has experienced what we have to take this further. This park shouldnt even be open. There are standards that should be met here and the description in the PARK holiday brochure describes the accomodation as COMFORT YOU'D EXPECT. and PERFECT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. This is false advertising.
We have complained to park holidays and they have asked Golden Sands Holiday Park to make a full investigation. Well, all we got was an apology for them not meeting our standards and the offer of 25% discount off a future booking.
I am not leaving it there. I dont think hard working people should be conned into putting their hard earned money into staying in a dump like this.
It was so lovely to come home after this experience and I would never book another holiday with park holidays again.
PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY on staying at GOLDEN SANDS!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2009

OMG it is a good job me and my boyfriend have a sense of humor. Upon arrival at Golden Sands reception we were given a 'chalet' which in my ignorance made me think of wooden cabins with log firs etc - how wrong can a girl be! The 'chalet' looked like it would be more at home in a run down inner city estate than anywhere on a holiday complex.

On entering the chalet the only word i can use to describe the decor is depressing. On top of that it was not what i would call clean either. Someone else's hair in the shower and pasta on the kitceh floor and in the sink. We also didn't have any pillows. We complained about this to the girl in reception and were informed that some would be sent to our room however these never arrived and when we mentioned it again the next day she seemed to find it very funny. Not really what i would call a joke - but then i guess it was?!?

The worst bit about the accommodation was the lack of heating. Having tried to work our radiator for a couple of hours and getting no where we called the security guard (as the reception staff leave at 6pm) and we were suprised to hear that none of the chalets had any heating as there was a problem with the boiler. Although he was trying to help the best he could his only real advice was to 'wear double jumpers tonight' (we would have if we weren't forced to use them as pillows!!!) Anyway we muddled through but i did feel sorry for the people in the block who had children as i'm sure it can't have been a very comfortable nights sleep for them?!

Anyway enough of my moaning. As a lot of the other reviews have said the entertainment and club house staff really were excellent. The shows in the evening were fantastic and i thought Ness had the most amazing voice!

Another plus is the area - it is a short walk to Dawlish Warren and then if you fancy a bit more exercise the coastal path into Dawlish is a must.

Please Park Holidays sort out the accommodation because i wouldn't even let me cat stay here!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I have been coming to golden sands now for 9 yrs sometimes 2/3 times a season, and in that time there has been alot of changes.I think this is now the third owner of the park in that time, there is alot of issues regardin the cleaniness of the accomadation i will be the first to admit that. So perhaps retraining, or new cleaners would be a good idea. And my view of the park itself, it is lookin tierd nothing a good lick of paint would'nt sort out. Whoever came up with the idea of the archade not opening till 12, needs 2 be shot. I have read through all the coments that have been left, no i have no life.lol, And if all the changes where done that people wanted done will of course put up the prices not far off butlins/haven prices, which people cannot afford, thats why they come here in the first place. Admitly the cleaning should be of a good standarded whatever you pay.. But.. In all the years i have been coming 2 this site 1 thing has never changed and thats the way we r treated, by all staff.. With respect and made to feel special and thats down 2 the entertainment and bar staff , they do it with a geniune need to make sure you have a good time. As long as the entertainment staff is still run by mr p michaels we will still be coming, aswell as my family and friends.. But if you have anything nice 2 say please please put it on, but also air your views, as this might make some changes. Happy holidays people...

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends