We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawlish
Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Ranked #12 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Dawlish
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just got back. One word. Wow! Been going to golden sands all my life and it has gone from strength to strength year by year all 19 years I've been going there family holiday brilliance entertainment was amazing! I'm pregnant now and I can't wait to take my baby there when she is born! Don't know what the other reviews are on about but I arrived and as usual staff were helpful and lovely, got to the caravan of witch we had gold and it was fab clean and crisp I have no complaints at all we were welcomed with smiles the club was brilliant there is things for everyone from my nana to my youngest nephew despite morning sickness I enjoyed everything about the holiday and if you want to go somewhere other than the club to eat I can fully recommend the boat house lovely eating, back to the site food is lovely as it always is try anything it's good eating. Please be assured that if you do have any problems the staff are only happy to oblige as with any holiday somewhere along the line something happens well when we went there 2 years ago we had a problem with the caravan Being up the hill by the top entrance when my father is disabled we went down to the reception and they changed us to a caravan right by the shop and the club pool ect. My family has always had a fab time but do feel free to talk to the staff if u have any problems they are only happy to help us every time we go there.
Overall brilliant time fab holiday
Go there you will have fun
It's brilliant!
Thank you golden sands for being amazing!
Kirstyn jones and family :)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Kirstynmamajones
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Many thanks for this great review. To know that we have guests who have been coming here for 19 years is fantastic.

I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hi just had a local paper break at this holiday park and all i can say is I had a lovely warm, double glazed ,centrally heated ,En Suitte accomodation . Ok wear an tear here and there but overall clean and comfortable> only complaint club house a bit small for the number of caravans . This was half term and Halloween so very busy . The entertainment staff are fantastic Mark and his team worked extremely hard day and night to make sure the children had a fun time . Everyone has different opinions but dont be put off I nearly never went after reading some of the comments Ok its not Haven or Butlins. I think perhaps a better kids adventure park would be an improvement and maybe an all weather sports facility but I believe they are making improvement over the winter ...I cant comment on the Chalets as i had a Caravan.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

I am pleased that you enjoyed your holiday and thanks for the comments regarding Mark and his team.

We are refurbishing some apartments this winter and some other parts of the Park

I do hope you will return next year to see what changes have taken place.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a short break to Golden Sands and have concluded we would never return again. The clubhouse is small and cramped with tables all arranged in rows and the park is overall just - very tired!We made the fatal mistake of staying in an apartment as opposed to a caravan. Its very small and cramped even though we had gold accommodation. It was clean and tidy appart from the shower cubicle which was again - very tired. Our apartment looked out onto a children's play area and in the morning we were greeted with a few cans of larger or vodka bottles left on or nearby the play equipment. In short, not impressed, wouldn't return and wouldn't recommend :(

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Sam T

Many thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be returning to us.

We will be doing lots of work this winter to improve some areas of the Park.

The gold apartments were completely refurbished at the beginning of this year so I cannot understand why the shower cubicle would appear to be very tired.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had read a few reviews of this before I booked (last minute) and I must admit that when we drove up, I was quite worried. The apartments look like prison cells. The place just looks run down. However, we had booked a caravan and it was perfect, reasonably clean, everything we needed was there and we had a great week. We were there in awful weather and the tree above our caravan hardly ceased battering the roof during the night so I would suggest a 'trim' of such trees during the winter maintenance period!
Probably won't be back, but that's only because there are so many places to see in the UK.

Room Tip: Caravan... Not a prison cell!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for this review.

If you had told us about the tree I am sure our team would have dealt with it thus giving you peaceful nights.

I am pleased that despite this your caravan was perfect, and I do hope you will try our sister Parks when in other parts of the UK.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed on the touring park and it was fine, hard standing pitch with its own water supply and EHU. Washing facilities were dated but clean and never really busy despite staying during the school holidays. Staff were polite from those in reception to those showing us to our pitch. Our 6 year old nephew had a great time at the kids club and the usual early evening entertainment, we used the indoor pool at the sister site Dawlish Sands.
From someone who took their own caravan you can clearly see that Park Holidays will need to spend a lot of money having purchased the former Peppermint Park where many of the caravans are need of refurbishing or replacing whereas the standard of accommodation at Golden Sands is in better condition, the chalets at peppermint are very dated. Ideal for families with young children but those with teenagers may struggle due to its quiet location, a local Sainsburys supermarket will supply all your self catering needs

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard W

Many thanks for the review.

The camping is in the former Peppermint Park which has many privately owned holiday homes, and the apartments and club house are in Golden Sands.

We will be refurbishing many of the apartments this winter.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

stayed for the weekend on a sun break we had a silver standard caravan which just needed a bit of tlc worn cushions stained carpet etc but the bed was clean and as the van was just for a base for getting out and about i do think the little things make a difference like the blinds in kitchen and bathroom could have done with a good clean but it certainly wasnt as filthy as some reviews are saying cheap and cheerful although cleaning should be addressed the adult entertainment was brilliant they are excellent at what they do and the site should do there upmost to keep them for next season. We enjoyed our stay we would do it again but upgrade to gold as there is a mass difference in what you get and how clean it was

Room Tip: go for gold standard caravan if you can avoid apartments they looked awful
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for the review. I am sorry there were cleaning issues but am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that our Entertainment team are brilliant and hopefully some of them will be with us in 2014.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

For value this was good. A Sun break. No charge for entertainment. A warm caravan. Matresses good. Cooker not so good but a decent microwave and toaster. Fire ok. Lit alright. Get that lingering gas smell --calorgas?/ think it always makes that smell for a few minutes.Caravan was basically clean. That which could be cleaned had been done. The upholstery was grubby but it was end of season nearly and it wasn't of prime concern. It was a cheap break and I went to go out and about as much as possible-not spend 4 days indoors. The adult entertainment was really good. I didn't go to the bingo or children's stuff. The 'after 9pm' entertainment was worth going to. A brilliant comedian who also played the trumpet and ukulele was the highlight. Vouchers were given on arrival entitling us to a freebie each day- i.e tea, beer, meal, breakfast. Amazing. The breakfast was really nice as well. I recommend the coffee from behind the club bar.. Lovely. (not from the food hatch) If you walked thru to the end of the site there was an exit that was very close to Dawlish Warren-(a15/20 minute walk) So all in all I fared alright here. Very courteous and friendly, helpful staff on my visit. Hope they keep it up at all times.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I am pleased that you found us value for money. Thanks for the comments regarding the staff and meals. It is great to read that you enjoyed the visiting cabaret as well as our own. Thanks for taking the time to review us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Cliffden Hotel
Cliffden Hotel
#1 of 3 in Teignmouth
Lady's Mile Holiday Park

Been to Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!