We turned up to this site with our campervan as a last minute break,first one this year,2 nights-7th-9th june.Had a look at pitches first then went to reception and said which pitch we wanted,all ok £40 in total with hook up.Young girl at reception was very helpfull,from birmingham since jan.this year,thankyou.
The location of this site is great for walks into Dawlish and the warren.We live in exeter and walked through this and many other sites last year,the whole area is nice and all at a good price.It's easy to see why people complain about the chalets as the windows are the old metal framed ones and very small inside,as for the statics if you go for the cheap bronze ones what do you expect?
This is what ruined it for us............The clubhouse is a bit dated but still ok for somewhere to take the family for a night out.The entertainment for the two nights was all done by the staff,saturday night was the best.We thought they put a lot of effort into the shows and the singing was exceptional from some of them,well done.Now the bad bit.........The drinks are a bit pricey but you expect that when your being entertained,what you don't expect is short changed.A pint of John smiths is £3.30,change from a fiver is £1.70.when he put the change in my hand he said,"one pound seventy"and walked off and went to this side of the bar very quickly.I still had my hand out showing what he had given me,one pound,one ten and one twenty.I was shouting to him and as i said he went off,so i told the other staff still holding out the change.I walked up to him shouting what he had done,by this time a lot of people were watching.He went back to the till and in his panicked state of being found out he gave me a fifty and a ten,no apology or anything.Know i have one pound ninety in my hand,he walks off and the other staff clearly seeing what he had done look and tell me not to worry and keep it.From talking to others that night this is not the first time that the tall,stubly chinned,tatood,dark haired male had done this.The following night mr sixty pence was collecting glasses and cleaning tables.Shame really when all the others are making such an effort to make your holiday a memorable experiance.
The wife and me didn't use the swimming pool or try the food but they looked ok to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands has all the facilities you would expect from a top quality holiday park and the atmosphere is also very friendly. We have a reputation for providing some of the best holiday park entertainment around - and you can enjoy top class shows on most nights - all in the price! In fact that's one of the main reasons so many people come back year after year! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Holiday Park Hotel Dawlish
- Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK Dawlish, Devon