This caravan park has put me and my family off caravan holidays forever. First impressions count so driving through an Industrial Estate past derelict buildings and Sainsbury's shopping trolleys did not go down too well, I cannot believe there are not laws and regulations stipulating baseline standards for holiday accommodation.If you do have to stay in this flee pit upgrade to a silver caravan because anything less is a health hazard.The Chalets resemble an army barracks and are damp, mouldy, decaying,smelly dated and dirty...even after a refurb. Carpets were heavily stained and sticky underfoot and hadn't been hoovered in god knows how long. Windows and woodwork are rotten and in the toilet, the window was held closed by a dirty pair of tights....went to complain and pay for an upgrade...but apparently full...the usual story..Cooker hood was disgusting with years of grease and grim stuck to it..something out of the 70s..Levels of maintenance are well below standard and dangerous...litter everywhere and cigarette butts outside most of accommodation..outside ours were other suspect bodily fluids too gross to mention.Previous guests dirty linen still left outside and not taken away from accommodation...the list goes on...Cutlery and china all had to be deep cleaned before usage Public areas were filthy on close inspection during the day...Toilets stank of urine and were not regularly cleaned according to the checklist...would not have eaten in the so called dining area because tables were not clean. We had low expectations but how low can you be prepared to go....so after 3 out of a party of 7 went down with a sickness bug we left early....didnt use pool on the grounds we had seen quite enough FILTH...Quite a trek to the beach too...SO AVOID THIS DUMP AND PARK HOLIDAYS READING OTHER REVIEWS
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands has all the facilities you would expect from a top quality holiday park and the atmosphere is also very friendly. We have a reputation for providing some of the best holiday park entertainment around - and you can enjoy top class shows on most nights - all in the price! In fact that's one of the main reasons so many people come back year after year! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Holiday Park Hotel Dawlish
- Golden Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK Dawlish, Devon