“Wouldn't come back again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawlish
Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just came back from a Monday to Friday break.we had a 'bronze' caravan and it was covered in dog hairs it smelt really bad.then the DVD player part of the tv didnt work.reported it to reception and was told that because it was bronze it wouldn't get looked at or replaced!!!! our caravan was right next to a very busy noisy road.caravan was suppose to accommodate 6 people but was far to small in my opinion.need to sort out customer care !!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed to read your comments. We do allow dogs in all our bronze units, any problems if reported would be dealt with immediately by our cleaners. Unfortunately, DVD players do not come as standard in our bronze units and therefore if replaced would be with a standard TV.. I can only apologise that this was not explained properly.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

After booking to come to Dawlish sands for a long weekend with the family, I read in horror some bad reviews. I had fingers crossed hoping it wasnt going to be that bad....and to be fair I was so pleased to turn up with my husband, myself and 3 girls and dog into this lovely little caravan park, greated by loopy the rabbit and cyril squirell in reception, the girls were in stitches, well we all were. . We had to stay in a bronzeplus as we had a dog, and the caravan, didnt smell, wasnt dirty and I was delighted. The indoor pool was a big hit with the girls, lovely warm temperature, and plenty of space. There was a play that all the girls couldnt wait to get to once awake too plus a tiny crazy golf course, basic but looked fun. Our caravan, was 3 mins walk from reception, and about 6 mins walk to the entertainment complex which was at one end. The complex was awesome, basically one big room, with arcades as you enter, bar further in and to the left, and then a massive room for seating, and dance floor and stage, to the left was the food place which was on a slightly lower floor, with acess to outside seating. We took takeaway from there back to our caravan, pizza, sausage and chips, at the end of the night :) the entertainers were a hit with everyone, such a good laugh, my 3 took to ginge and jennie, but they were all equally excellent, and the games they did withall the children were great, and the loopy and cyril show was brilliant, watching a squirell do the beyonce dance on stage was really good, after that was the bingo, and then the entertainers did a show, sunday night was motown, and some of them were very very good singers...ginge and corey being my favourites. I really cant fault the place, had no bad experience at all. The only improvement I could suggest is having the entertainers give some advice to the two teenage lads who were lifeguardingthe pool, two of them sat in sunglasses, looking miserable as sin.... come on lads ...smile!!! ;) only leaves me to say thank you dawlish sands, will see you soon :)

Room Tip: Places to visit...powderham castle, babbicombe model village,
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for adding such a positive review I know that all the staff appreciate it very much, I will pass this on to the entertainment team in particular. I am glad you will be returning to the park in the future, I sincerely hope you enjoy your next holiday as much as you last.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been coming to this park since i was about 4 or 5...i am now 17 and i still love it! IMMACLUATALEY clean and all problems were sorted out within 20 minutes of us informing reception! BRILLIANT and funny entertainment of an evening, and the people leaving bad reviews are just nit pickers tbh! like they expect to have a 5* hotel standard caravan, it is a caravan get over it! i personally would recommend this place to anybody! it is perfect for families with and without children! the pool was lush and warm! caravan was massive and lots of space!

Room Tip: Gold plus are amazing! but have stayed in bronze, bronze plus, silver, silver plus and gold, and gol...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to add a review it is appreciated by all the staff. Its lovely to read that you have been visiting the park for many years and still enjoy it. I'll pass your review onto Rusty and her team who I'm sure would like me to thank you on their behalf.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had an amazing time .... Soent 7 nights here and had an anazing time, im used to butlins so was skeptical ..... But actually preferred coming here ..... The entertainment team, cory, ginge, rusty, james and jen and jennie were AMAZING !!! Team 2013 are great with keepin the kids engaged and wntertained and even have a bingo session every nite that the kids can enjoy .... It is a very small complex but all the amenities are good .... Nice one level swimming pool nce and warm friendly staff .... Kids clubs durong the day and at night and didn want to leave ..... Lots around the area to do and am planning on going bk again this year .... Well done team 2013 x

1  Thank MrsVincent-Warren

Thank you for adding you kind review, I will pass your comments on to the entertainers who I know will be very pleased. I am happy to hear you will be returning to us this year and I hope many more times in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend and upon arrival the park is small!
The first caravan given to us was disgusting! As soon as you walked in it stunk! Dogs and smoke! The cleaner had tried to mask it with air freshened and had the windows wide open but it was still really bad!
They gave us another van, same spec and even though this van didn't smell it was still really old and passed it sell by date! You can't really class it as bronze, more like tin! Every time someone had a number 2 in the loo, the whole van stank so we wondered if there was a leaky sewer pipe under the van? All the "bronze" caravans are right at the bottom end of the park whilst the better class vans are nearer the facilities! We walked passes owner vans with decking and one had dog poo all over it that hadn't been got up and I was so glad not to be in the van next to it!
On a good note, Rusty and the entertainment team where good. Me, the hubby and the kids were never bored and they pulled all the stops out with their shows! Well done guys! On all the park holiday parks we've stayed on it is definitely the entertainment team that do it for them! They work really hard and don't get paid enough if you ask me!
The location is ok but once you've done dawlish warren you have to travel so I recommend one of the Paignton/Torquay sites.
All in all, we wouldn't return,

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to add your review. I will pass on your very kind comments regarding the entertainment to Rusty and her team. I am sorry you were unhappy with your original unit but am glad a move was possible. I have taken on board your comments and these issues will be addressed.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Booked a last minute 10 berth caravan and got a bargain at £136!! Mind you I'm glad there were only 3 of us sharing it because it wouldn't have accomodated 10 very comfortably. Caravan was Gold standard but pretty basic, clean and comfortable. Not much to offer on site but we didn't want it for this. Staff we saw were friendly and polite. Surrounding area had decent beaches and golf courses. Couple of pubs within walking distance and supermarkets nearby. Would use again as it was what we wanted it for

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to add your review it is appreciated, I am glad you found your unit clean and comfortable. I am also pleased to read you would return in the future, our staff do try very hard to be friendly and helpful and I am happy this came across.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just came home from our 3 night stay, Gold caravan, Great time away, would do this again, caravan was nice and clean had everything we needed. Slept very well :) Shower was great HOT water at anytime. Swimming Pool can't say too much about this as we never went in but looked good saw many kids and parents in it. Went for Full English breakfast on Father's Day, Good for £5. toast, orange juice, coffee and full English, YUMMY!!!!! Entertainment amazing spectacular performance, cleverly put together well done to everyone - Rusty and her team. Adult games good, I was pulled up on Friday night - Domestic goddess!! Did not get to see very much of Loopy and Cyril as they were more for the kids. Won at Bingo on Saturday and at the Raffle :) we will be back for a longer holiday. Great time Thanks

Room Tip: Go for GOLD caravan.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for adding your review it is lovely to read such nice comments, I will pass these along to the entertainment staff especially. I am glad to hear you will be returning and hope that your next holiday is just as enjoyable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Lady's Mile Holiday Park
Landscove Holiday Park
Landscove Holiday Park
#5 of 8 in Brixham

Been to Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!