“An amazin entertainment team with beautiful surroundings, who concentrate on makig sure the kids are FULLY ENGAGED !!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawlish
Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had an amazing time .... Soent 7 nights here and had an anazing time, im used to butlins so was skeptical ..... But actually preferred coming here ..... The entertainment team, cory, ginge, rusty, james and jen and jennie were AMAZING !!! Team 2013 are great with keepin the kids engaged and wntertained and even have a bingo session every nite that the kids can enjoy .... It is a very small complex but all the amenities are good .... Nice one level swimming pool nce and warm friendly staff .... Kids clubs durong the day and at night and didn want to leave ..... Lots around the area to do and am planning on going bk again this year .... Well done team 2013 x

1  Thank MrsVincent-Warren
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for adding you kind review, I will pass your comments on to the entertainers who I know will be very pleased. I am happy to hear you will be returning to us this year and I hope many more times in the future.

There are newer reviews for Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend and upon arrival the park is small!
The first caravan given to us was disgusting! As soon as you walked in it stunk! Dogs and smoke! The cleaner had tried to mask it with air freshened and had the windows wide open but it was still really bad!
They gave us another van, same spec and even though this van didn't smell it was still really old and passed it sell by date! You can't really class it as bronze, more like tin! Every time someone had a number 2 in the loo, the whole van stank so we wondered if there was a leaky sewer pipe under the van? All the "bronze" caravans are right at the bottom end of the park whilst the better class vans are nearer the facilities! We walked passes owner vans with decking and one had dog poo all over it that hadn't been got up and I was so glad not to be in the van next to it!
On a good note, Rusty and the entertainment team where good. Me, the hubby and the kids were never bored and they pulled all the stops out with their shows! Well done guys! On all the park holiday parks we've stayed on it is definitely the entertainment team that do it for them! They work really hard and don't get paid enough if you ask me!
The location is ok but once you've done dawlish warren you have to travel so I recommend one of the Paignton/Torquay sites.
All in all, we wouldn't return,

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to add your review. I will pass on your very kind comments regarding the entertainment to Rusty and her team. I am sorry you were unhappy with your original unit but am glad a move was possible. I have taken on board your comments and these issues will be addressed.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Booked a last minute 10 berth caravan and got a bargain at £136!! Mind you I'm glad there were only 3 of us sharing it because it wouldn't have accomodated 10 very comfortably. Caravan was Gold standard but pretty basic, clean and comfortable. Not much to offer on site but we didn't want it for this. Staff we saw were friendly and polite. Surrounding area had decent beaches and golf courses. Couple of pubs within walking distance and supermarkets nearby. Would use again as it was what we wanted it for

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to add your review it is appreciated, I am glad you found your unit clean and comfortable. I am also pleased to read you would return in the future, our staff do try very hard to be friendly and helpful and I am happy this came across.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just came home from our 3 night stay, Gold caravan, Great time away, would do this again, caravan was nice and clean had everything we needed. Slept very well :) Shower was great HOT water at anytime. Swimming Pool can't say too much about this as we never went in but looked good saw many kids and parents in it. Went for Full English breakfast on Father's Day, Good for £5. toast, orange juice, coffee and full English, YUMMY!!!!! Entertainment amazing spectacular performance, cleverly put together well done to everyone - Rusty and her team. Adult games good, I was pulled up on Friday night - Domestic goddess!! Did not get to see very much of Loopy and Cyril as they were more for the kids. Won at Bingo on Saturday and at the Raffle :) we will be back for a longer holiday. Great time Thanks

Room Tip: Go for GOLD caravan.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for adding your review it is lovely to read such nice comments, I will pass these along to the entertainment staff especially. I am glad to hear you will be returning and hope that your next holiday is just as enjoyable.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Glad I didn't read the reviews before we went as my judgement would have been clouded and probably wouldn't have booked but we had no experience of the negative comments posted.

Just returned home after a great weekend last minute break. On arrival reception staff were very helpful and gave us a map of the site and directions to the caravan we were allocated (Gold 97). The Gold caravans are very acceptable and comfortable and worth paying slightly more for which was only a few pounds.
We have stayed in other caravans of comparable quality but paid a lot more, we didn't want for nothing in the van and was clean and tidy.

We decided on Friday night to see what the entertainment was like and we had a great time, needless to say we also went on Saturday and Sunday night and stayed until the end. Rusty and the gang put on a fantastic show every night and were very friendly and interactive with the guests, I can't understand why they are criticised as they work there socks off. There is a good selection of drinks at the bar and Guy and his bar staff were friendly

Can't comment on the pool as we didn't make use of that but even the breakfast was decent for the money (£5) consisting of cereal or fruit juice, full English, toast and tea or coffee. Where else nowadays can you get that for that money.

Will definitely be back without question, all in all a good weekend for the money.

People need to remember the entertainment is free and don't have to attend

Room Tip: Go for a Gold caravan.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have today passed your comments onto the reception and complex staff who are very appreciative, especially the entertainers. I was also pleased to hear that you will be returning to the park in the future and I hope that this stay is just as enjoyable.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked the only disabled friendly caravan on the park which is allegedly 'gold' standard. I have to say that although the description of the van on the side says 'gold', I wouldn't personally class it as gold standard, as it is very basic, and nothing like any gold standard accommodation I have ever stayed in.

It is on plot 72, which is right at the back of the park on the left hand side of the swimming pool and dog walking area, so you do tend to get all the dog walkers coming past the door, and not all the pooches wait until they are in the dog walking area to relieve themselves...probably not the best place to have sited this van, as you can end up getting something unwelcome on your wheelchair tyres, which will then get all over the decking and carpets! An oversight that could be corrected by re-location of the van.

It has a ramp and balcony, although not very well thought out, as the door opens outward towards you, so you would need to go backwards if you were in a wheelchair trying to open it. The ramp goes upwards from the front of the van to the back, where you turn and have to come all the way back to the front of the van to get in. Think this could have been thought out better. The car parking needs to be wider, as there is not enough room to manoeuvre a wheelchair on the present cement base, resulting in the need to wheel it over the mucky and rather wet grass. It needs to be the full width between the van and the next in line to allow all round access. The van itself has NO double bed, although you could push them together. Both bedrooms have two single beds. 2 x 3ft wide in the master bedroom and 2 x 2ft wide in the single bedroom. The internal doors are all wide and sliding.

Being 'Gold' accommodation, the beds were made up for our arrival. As the park were aware that there were only two of us staying, and we were Mr & Mrs, I'd have thought common sense would lead them to make up the two beds in the master bedroom. When we arrived, they had made up the two narrow beds in the second bedroom, meaning I had to struggle to strip them and re-make them in the master bedroom where the beds were wider and there was more room for us to spread our belongings out. The sprung mattresses were thick and supportive and we slept very well on them.

Lots of room to manoeuvre in the lounge, although no cupboards to store things in, and only two shelves above the TV which a disabled person in a wheelchair could not reach. No coffee table to put your cups on, unless you want to drag the dining table over which then blocks the view of the TV. We had to stand ours on the floor, or on a very tiny shelf behind the corner of the sofa. No window sills or anything. No pictures, nothing fancy at all, no tie backs on the curtains, no nice looking fire place....all very regimental and basic and looking more like a fleet van than a Gold standard. The TV is about 26" with an inbuilt DVD player. Several channels, although the trains do tend to break up the signal. We found the trick was to turn the TV so it faced the opposite side wall of the caravan and push it right back. For some reason, this cured the problem.

The kitchen has low level hob/oven and sink. Still manageable for non-disabled. One bugbear is that the tea and coffee making facilities are at the opposite end of the worktop to the fridge. Above the fridge is the microwave. Would make more sense to put this the other end and have the kettle above the fridge.

Master bedroom consists of the two 3' beds, with a window beside each. Each bed has a wardrobe. There are two 'floating' shelves at different heights on the wall, and a mirror on the opposite wall with electric socket beside it. The right hand bed has a second light switch and an electric socket beside it. There was one small chest of drawers about 2ft wide, midway between the two beds, but 2ft away from either bed, meaning a long reach out for a drink or anything in the night. There is also a grab hoist provided, but we moved this into the smaller room as it was just in our way. In the small room, there were the two 2ft beds, a small cupboard above each bed and a small wardrobe. A single bedside table was between the two beds, with about a foot between each bed and the bedside table.

The bathroom was a wetroom with a seat provided fixed to the wall. The radiator was on permanently, as there was no means of turning it down or off. There was no mirror at all, no shelves for any toiletries, no hooks for any towels etc. There were grab rails either side of the sink, toilet and in the shower. No toilet roll holder either, meaning the toilet roll had to be balanced on the back of the sink and consequently got wet. Definitely needs some work in here to put in a mirror, toilet roll holder and shelves.

The caravan was clean and in good order, other than the bathroom floor which had hairs on it and was visibly dirty (just needed sweeping and mopping), and the outside handle of the bathroom door kept falling off (needed a screw driver, and if we'd had one on us, we would have tightened it ourselves). A couple of bulbs out, one in the bathroom, one in the hallway just outside the bathroom door. We also found some jelly babies lurking under the dining area seat which we removed.

Other than that, this caravan looked almost new, although from my own point of view, I don't think it is really 'Gold standard'. It's basic, other than the fact it has central heating and double glasing. A few more cupboards or shelves, a picture or two on the walls, tie backs on the curtains etc, would improve the overall look, and take some of the starkness away.

One thing missing from the inventory is a plastic measuring jug. A glass jug (non-measuring) is provided, although I think a plastic measuring jug would be more useful. It's not like they are expensive. If like me, you rely heavily on a liquid diet, it is a necessity.

Can't comment on the staff, entertainment, eatery, pool etc, as we didn't use them. Husband saw shop, which was in reception, and said it was small. Small laundrette.

Overall, the park looked clean, tidy and well kept. We did do a quick drive round the rest of the park, and some of the caravans on the left hand side of reception did look like they needed a bit of a clean, but other than that, everything was fine. The entrance was very welcoming and we didn't see any rubbish, other than when someone nearby threw a bag out and the seagulls grabbed it. It was gone by the time we came back though. A guy in a van drives round the park frequently. I'm guessing he was maintenance or security. It's not a rowdy park, more one to use as a kind of base for touring the area, which is what we did. The trains were not a problem and we managed to sleep through them, even with the bedroom window open.

Overall, I'd stay at the park again, but probably wouldn't book the disabled van. I am not totally wheelchair reliant. When I called the park, I asked if they had the van available for an extra day but they said they didn't and only had three bedroom Gold available, for which I'd have to pay an extra £35 for another room I wouldn't be using. I booked into a hotel for my extra night.

Room Tip: The disabled adapted van is number 72 which is at the back of the park on the left hand side of the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very in-depth helpful review, I am sure future customers will be very grateful. Unit 72 is indeed a gold dated just 2013, with as you have mentioned lots of helpful extras. I have taken note of some of the issues mentioned such as the need for more shelving and hooks which I will discuss with maintenance team. Thank you again for your time and I am glad you will be visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Just returned after a 3 night stay in a bronze caravan. After reading reviews I was concerned. However, on arrival we were greeted with a smile and helpful staff. We chose a bronze caravan as we had 2 west highland terriers too. The caravan was spotlessly clean but dated but that didn't bother us as long as it was comfortable. The swimming pool was warm but small and couldn't understand why they weren't fitted with showers. The club house again was small for the size of site but there was entertainment every night and didn't feel ripped off by the prices of drink. My only complaint about this cheap getaway was the facilities were basic considering how many caravans there were and could hold up to 8 people each so wouldn't want to go in school holidays. Also dog walking park is the size of a postage stamp and in 2 steps you could walk it, but across the road is a lovely coastal walk.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your review I am glad you received a warm welcome and were happy with your accommodation. I am sorry you found the dog facilities small but as you say there are some lovely local walks. I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back on site again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Welcome Family Holiday Park
Landscove Holiday Park
Landscove Holiday Park
#5 of 8 in Brixham

Been to Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!