“Don't go or get a refund !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawlish
Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
“Don't go or get a refund !”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We are here now in a bronze caravan . Yes I paid a bargain price £99 as a last minute thing . We are not here for the facilities , just a bed for a night for a week As we have other things planned for the days . The bronze caravans are dirty , cold and shoved up in the corner of the park next to the frequently used train track . There is rubbish scattered everywhere in over flowing bins , the floor in the entertainment area is black with grime and I honestly don't think they have seen a mop for weeks . On arrival the queue for keys was Packed with people complaining . The ladies toilets in the club house had 6 toilets , not one had toilet roll . At night if you are not woken by noisy neighbours having a domestic , the trains are sure to wake you . I have sterilised everything and had to hire an electric heater as one gas fire is not enough to heat through to the boys rooms . I cannot explain just how cold this caravan is at night . There are droughts coming in windows , floors and broken vents , even my dog was shivering and had to get into bed with us . Going home a day early tomorrow as I need sleep . I am far from picky and have experienced all kinds of accommodation on my travels in many countries but Dawlish park nothing but a disgrace and whoever has it on there books should be ashamed . If this hell hole has a management team then can someone please tell them to sort this place out . There are families here whom have spent a years savings for there only annual holiday ... Really ... is this the memories they want to go home with .

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Abhancock
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I am sorry to read your comments regarding your stay at Dawlish Sands. I have spoken to the relevant department managers regarding this and can assure you that we have addressed the issues regarding, toilet roll and litter. Our bronze accommodation do only have a gas fire in the living room and can only apologise for the for the extremely cold weather conditions experienced during your stay. Had we been made aware of any cleaning issues we would have asked our Housekeeper to attend to rectify any issues to your complete satisfaction. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

we stayed for 4 nights the week leading to Easter through the Sun Holidays too be honest wasn't sure what to expect reading the reviews and because all the other parks were booked up I thought it was a last resort.To my surprise it was okay the caravan was modern and clean and was fine for us, the club house was on the small side but okay.

when we arrived we received vouchers each day they had free items to redeem such as dessert,kids meal,breakfast,pint of lager,tea for two,house wine and soft drink which is handy as you normally end up spending fortune on having one drink of a evening.

the park was a very relaxed one but I couldn't help noticing that people had turned up and tried to check in at 4pm and there accommodation was still not available some told me they had paid extra £15 to check in earlier at 2pm and were still waiting and after travelling 100's of miles and you just want to get settled the atmosphere was tense.

the swimming pool looked lovely but freezing no heating in the changing rooms it felt like minus 10 there was a shower but you couldn't use soap that was a little annoying
Some of the entertainment was good but two out of the 4 nights was just karaoke some were good but it was just the same faces doing the same songs it felt like it was a cop out to be honest.
the staff including the bar and restaurant were lovely esp manager who seems to spend 90% of his life there.
although I have moaned a bit about the bad parts of the park it really was a nice break away even though it was the coldest Easter in 50 years.

Room Tip: luck of the draw I think.
1 Thank rox908
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the feedback you have given.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just returned from an Easter break staying in one of their 'gold' caravans of which the general maintenance was poor (broken locks, warped draughty window, etc) More of a concern was the fact that at no point during the 4 days of our stay were we ever asked to show the passes to the club house and saw no sign of any security. This should be a real concern to a family with small children (as we are) when considering this park for a break. Subsequently non residents could, and did, simply walk into the bar/entertainment area during the evening. We also witnessed underage drinking quite openly in the bar area. Finally the on site dining was particuarly poor & service slow, we did complain to reception - coincidentally at the same time as another family. I personally wouldn't consider returning to a Park Holidays site as a family if this is how they are run.

7 Thank KAG0007
Thank you for your review. Having spoken to the Complex Manager and him personally reviewing the CCTV in the Complex, we were unable to find any evidence of underage drinking. This is something that is taken very seriously and the Complex Manager and General Manager both being Personal License Holders will always being actively supporting the Think 25 policy.

I have noted all your comments within your email and with regards to site security, we have a park warden on duty between 6pm and 2am for our guests needs. As a family holiday park we do not feel the need for SIA registered security in the licensed premises. Any noise disturbances can be reported to the Park Warden so they can deal with any issues efficiently.

Passes are checked at random, I can only apologise if your passes were not checked during your stay. As you stayed over the Easter period, every guest staying at the park was issued with membership passes.
London
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The only good thing about this park is the location. It's a short walk from the beach, train station, pub/restaurant, local bakery and "supermarket".
The accomodation was so poor if I could have award this park a zero, I would have. The caravan was filthy; there were stains on the bedding, furniture and carpets and mould in the shower and on windows and curtains. Cutlery, plates and cups were sticky and had clumps of white powder on them. The kitchen blinds were filthy and sticky and the string used to open them was so grimy that they were almost stiff, we put some tissue around them in order to open the blinds and it stuck to the string! The furniture was covered in cigarette burns and was so sticky that I had to put sheets on everything in order to sit down. When I complained to reception I was told that all the bronze holiday homes were of the same "high" standard and that they couldn't upgrade me as the park was full. I had to go to the small supermarket down the road and buy a load of cleaning products in order to clean the kitchen, shower and tables myself before we could use anything. On the first night we got take-away chicken and chips form the very limited and unadventurous take-away menu on site and were shocked to see the conditions and hygiene of the staff through the take-away window. The kitchen was messy and dirty, as were the staff. We witnesses one guy clean off a plate into dirty sink water, sneeze and cough into his hands (which he wiped on his dirty jeans) before serving up a sandwich to a customer (using his unwashed hands). When we got our chicken there was no meat on it at all - it had been deep fried to a crisp and looked awful. We then had an argument with one of the kitchen staff who refused to take the meals back and refund us.
I would NEVER go back to this park or recommend it to any other human being. This place needs a visit from the Environmental Health Department.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank HaysteLondon
I apologise if your stay was not to your satisfaction. We take the comfort of our guests most seriously and if problem do arise, we endeavour to resole them as quickly as possible so the quality of the holiday is restored at the earliest opportunity. I can only apologise if we were unable to allocate you an alternative van, as we would always try to resolve any issues to our guests complete satisfaction. We have re-trained our staff with regards to customer care and food hygiene and in some cases have changed the staff members in the departments concerned. Thank you for your review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just returned from an Eater break for 3 nights in a bronze pet caravan.
We are a family of 5 adults aged 30-55. Travelled with 2 indoors persian cats-which was the only reason we booked a pet caravan.
I booked then read trip advisor and then started to worry so emailed Hoseason's with my concerns, but was told by return email that they carefully select parks and regularly check accommodation. (obviously not this park!!).
We arrived at the park and was given bronze caravan 145, we pulled up outside after passing very nice new caravans which were hiding the grave of shabby caravans were ours was sat waiting for us... We parked up outside and straight away noticed a massive crack which started from the kitchen window which was apx 12 inches long and the whole base of our caravan was a mass of muddy/water/oil which we had to walk in to get into the caravan.

Now the list of problems inside the caravan: All floors filthy and needed a good hoover as previous guests sanitary towel on floor in the twin bedroom and endless amount of dirt on the carpets. Smoke alarm battery was beeping and needed replacing so we had to remove battery leaving us with no alarm. All sofa's were that worn the foam was exposed all the was round, and were the curtains- they had never seen a washing machine and had strands just hanging all the way round. All blinds were mouldy. All windows didnt shut/seal properly so we had to tape all locks shuts to stop windows opening or letting in a draft. Bathroom had god knows what in the sink and shower base so had to be dettol wiped clean... Toilet i wont even mention what we found in that but had to be cleaned and each time we used it we out toilet paper on the seat. No bin supplied. Cupboard door latches broken and my mum hit her head on the kitchen one as we cleaning the filthy sink. ALL cutlery and Crockery was un-usable as it looked like previous guests had used them to feed there pets and there was no way we were going to eat in there... All seating areas we covered using there sheets so we didn't have to sit on them as they were filthy and we wouldn't have even let our cats anywhere near them. Inside of cupboards were filthy so we lived out of cases all weekend and wouldn't put the food we did take with us in them. We normally cook a fry up in the morning while away but not this time... We through the food away and went out to eat. Matresses in both twin and double room were covered in all sorts of stains so had to cover those with theirs sheets otherwise we wouldn't have slept in there. First morning the toilet leaked straight into the double bedroom floor. Fire didn't work.
Only good point is the TV was ok... but we don't go away to watch TV.
Entertainment team didn't quiet the roudyness of the club during bingo so we and others missed numbers and ended up going up and £15 worth of bingo tickets... 4 out of the 5 'entertainers' (the skipping champion had a fairly good voice but cant dance) couldn't sing and none of them could dance... I personally have 26 years of dance training and they didn't even possess a pair of jazz hands between them so i know what i am talking about... The shows each night were all the same just to different music and was extremeley poor, we watched as people were joking about it and leaving early so most people had already left or were leaving when they were on which tells you something! We have been going to caravan parks every year for the last 36 years and this is the poorest level with respect to accommodation, and entertainment... Not even a cabaret show over the Easter bank holiday!!
Avoid this park unless they get rid of the grave of bronze caravans and up the entertainment... They are much better parks to choose from - and wouldn't recommend this to elderly, people with children or pets. Swimming pool was even shut due to problems with the pool too and they were sending swimmers to their sister companies' pool up the road - Golden Sands...

I have photographed everything and will post pictures if possible shortly.. And obviously i have complained.

Room Tip: Avoid all Bronze Pet caravans - if possible avoid this park... AWFUL
6 Thank swbsoniab
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

absolute disgust couldn't get keys on arrival so had a 2hr wait then when we did get the keys we were given a 4 berth when it should of been a 6 berth there was no double bed no cutlery,kettle,plates etc and mould on the single beds. we spent most of our time at the reception complaining. the caravans are filthy the staff are vile and so rude and the entertainment was very poor. i could go on but wanted to let people think before you book. and to think they call themselves a family holiday park it's a joke as the staff were overheard moaning about the kiddies and laughing about how they overcharged 2 girls for there drinks. NEVER AGAIN.

7 Thank rachael700
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you felt the staff to be rude, it is not our intention to upset our guests during their stay and we will endeavour to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. I can only apologise if this was not the case during your stay and am sorry to read that you will not be returning to our park in the future.
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review on behalf of my mum and dad who are currently staying at Dawlish Sands. They booked last minute a Bronze Caravan and paid £240 for a week. Where can I start? The caravan has no heating-just a small gas fire in the living room, the wallpaper has been ripped off the wall in the bedroom and the shower is a trickle. The park is manky, the caravans are dirty, the grass is all churned up and there is litter everywhere. My mum and dad used to go to this caravan park years ago and it was the premier campsite in the area-now it is the worst. Myself, I'm currently staying next door at the Welcome, we paid 260 for a week in a top caravan-there is no comparison between sites. If you are thinking of a trip to Dawlish Warren-choose the Welcome! X

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank Kell999
Thank you for your review. All bronze units only have a fire in the living room as stated on our website. I am very sorry that your parents stay was not enjoyable. Due to severe rainfall the park suffered badly from flooding and this resulted in the ground being very boggy, and driving over the grass resulted in it getting churned up. Something we continually try to resolve daily.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Lady's Mile Holiday Park
Landscove Holiday Park
Landscove Holiday Park
#5 of 9 in Brixham

Been to Dawlish Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!