“Oh the breakfast!”
Review of Manor Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Widecombe in the Moor
Manor Cottage
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I must have stayed at a different place to the previous reviewer. I found this b&b on the Widecombe-in-the-moor website and booked for two nights with my wife. Dartmoor is a spectacular place for walking and I would recommend this lovely cottage b&b, as a base, to anyone. On arrival we were greeted warmly and shown to our room which was lovely and cosy. it had digital tv so I could annoy my wife and watch the news alot. The bed was extremely comfy and all the facilities you would expect were on hand. the first morning though, we were in for a shock. The breakfast was truly one of the finest meals i have ever had, The eggs came from the hens in the garden (which is rather lovely too), local bacon cooked properly, local sausages that almost made me cry with delight. So good was this breakfast I could easily have eaten two and happily abandoned the days walking. Anyway I should get on with my life but I had to write this review so sorry if it is a bit long. Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ARIC74
There are newer reviews for Manor Cottage

Reviewed June 16, 2011

If you are the only one staying there then it might be OK but otherwise you will have to share a bathroom and there is not enough hot water for 4 people to have a bath (the only option when we stayed). Although the bed sheets were clean the rest of the room wasn't great and there was a No Smoking sign in the bedroom. However, when we got back from the Ruddlestone (highly recommend this pub) the owners were smoking and the rooms and sheets smelled of smoke.

The breakfast was ok but the friendliness and ambience left a lot to be desired and at £50 for a room it was expensive for the experience we had.

Room Tip: I don't think there is one.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Niki02
Reviewed May 30, 2011

It wasn't very clean, the bed sheeds were fresh and smelled nice but you don't have to look in the corners ... It's a good option because it's right in the middle of the village but I think we wouldn't go back there. The owners were friendly but we met friendlier ones during our UK trip!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mopseking
Reviewed August 5, 2009

When you stop to think of the things an ideal B&B should have, Manor Cottage goes a long way towards satisfying pretty much the entire list. The room we had was cosy and comfortable, and had its own private bathroom across the hall for us to use exclusively. There were coffee & tea making facilities, a television, a selection of books and information on the local area to browse as well as a nice sitting area at the back of the cottage which even had a piano.

The couple who run Manor Cottage are both lovely people, and they breed their own hens which lay the eggs for breakfast! These are free range in the truest sense of the word, and you can truly taste it. We even bought a half dozen to take home with us on our last day. Packed lunches are available for a mere £3.50 (all local, homemade produce) and there is parking too.

Manor Cottage's location is perfect if you want to explore the moors and the local vicinity. Widecome-in-the-moor itself is a delightful village, and Manor Cottage is right in the heart of it - with the Old Inn pub just next door. There is also a fantastic pub (The Rugglestone Inn) 1/5 of a mile away, with exceptionally good food and ale selections.

I'd recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a quiet, comfortable place to spend their holiday in Devon, particularly for walkers, members of the National Trust (plenty of properties and parks nearby) and those wanting to get away from it all. Our stay at Manor Cottage was thoroughly relaxing and we couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ChiTheCynic

Been to Manor Cottage? Share your experiences!