“Great Cream Tea”
Review of Two Bridges Hotel

Two Bridges Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Two Bridges
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stopped off for some cream tea and Scones, polite staff and good service, sat in the gardens, which is tucked away round the back and safer for children to run around in, very pleasant experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bac0nbreath
WarmWelcome_Devon, General Manager at Two Bridges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Pleased you enjoyed your cream teas in the garden - hope to see you again soon

Reviewed August 17, 2014

What a magical place - a gorgeous old hotel. Unfortunately we arrived too late to enjoy an evening meal here but I can say that our room was very comfortable, the staff extremely helpful and courteous. We enjoyed evening drinks and a wonderful full English breakfast. I was sorry that I couldn't stay another night here.

1  Thank Shezke
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Last week I visited with my elderly parents from Monday until Thursday and we were treated like royalty. The service was excellent, all staff were so obliging it was a real pleasure to be in such a beautiful setting with very attentive staff, especially Michelle the restaurant manager (hope that's the right name), such a kind girl. She went out of her way to get my father something to eat in his room as he feeling tired. The young guys on the bar were great also.
Very many thanks to you all, we had a lovely time with you & I hope we are able to come again.
Best wishes to you all.
Mrs Hogan & Parents ( Dinnage )

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a most fantastic steak meal in the Tors restaurant. Excellent food at an exquisite venue all topped of by the most excellent service by our appointed server - "Maitre d'hotel" - Simon.

Thank you - we will be back very soon.

1  Thank Lorraine V
WarmWelcome_Devon, General Manager at Two Bridges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us, the quality of the local food is grwat and the Chefs even better. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I live in locally and thought I'd stop in for a cream tea, steep at £8.25, however they looked lovely and it is a 'nice' hotel. My tea arrived, with plate for the scones which would 'arrive shortly' sadly it didn't, many more came out and I chased mine up, sadly after both cups of tea were finished, still no scones so I asked for a refund. I was given £5.50 back, i.e. the scone element yet they kept the money for the tea, which was a bit tight.. a brusque apology and quite frankly it has given me no reason to return.

2  Thank Sarah L
WarmWelcome_Devon, General Manager at Two Bridges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for informing me of your experience, this is not a good example of the fantastic customer service that I know we are able to offer and will ensure that it is actioned. Please fogive us and hopefully see you soon,

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Having been here before for a business event some years ago, I was interested to see how it had developed in the meantime. Still a fabulous location (especially on a sunny day!) and plenty of charm and 'old school' appeal to the building. Could be candidate for a serious change of style but certainly meets the 'coaching inn' specifications and has a comfortable feel to the lounge areas. Room was fine but a little dated in feel and furnishing. Being pretty much in the middle of Dartmoor, I chose to eat in the hotel restaurant. Although service was a bit wobbly to start with, things improved after I mentioned that I seemed to have been abandoned! Anyway the meal made up for this as it was uniformly excellent and showed real skill and finesse in preparation. My meal was of a high standard throughout, flavoursome and well presented. The staff did their very best to make up for small problem at the beginning. This is a great location and an early morning cycle ride across the Dartmoor to Princetown before breakfast added to the experience, the food was very good indeed, the bedroom accommodation fine but with scope for some careful modernisation. Worth it for the food and the views!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front get late sun. If you need WiFi ask to check signal strength in room as it was ve...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

The Two Bridges Hotel is certainly a special place and pleased you enjoyed it. Also glad to hear about the food, as can be a sticky point in some Hotels, but we are blesed with a very talented chef. Sorry about the service, I shall pick this up with our restaurant, as it shoulkd be consistant, but thank you for informing me. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We didn't stay at the hotel but stopped for lunch. We chose the ploughman's salad which seemed expensive at £12.50 but I have to say that it was worth every penny. By far the best interpretation of this classic salad we've ever encountered and too much food to finish for either of us. . . Simply excellent!

I definitely recommend the food. We chose to eat inside, the building is interesting, clean and welcoming while for those eating outside there is plenty of room between tables and is all very dog friendly.

would use again.

Room Tip: Sorry, i did not stay, only ate in the restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Lewdown
The Dartmoor Lodge
The Dartmoor Lodge
#1 of 3 in Ashburton

Been to Two Bridges Hotel? Share your experiences!