“Superb”

Dining options: Reservations
Bath, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

After a little drive on the moor with heavy rain and howling winds we discovered the sign for this restraunt. The location is stunning , the staff very welcoming and the hotel is just out of this world. Sitting in the lounge area with the big roaring fire and watching the rain hit the windows just added to the warm and cosy atmosphere. Food was excellent and we shall return here.

Visited November 2012

Poole, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have stayed there twice. both times on full board. The food is out of this world. The service excellent especially we had dog with us and so ate in the lounge. They could not do enough for us.

Visited October 2012
UK
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nothing to dislike. Very high standard of cooking and very friendly service. Both food and wine are reasonably priced.

Visited October 2012
cheddar,somerset uk
“amazing place”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

well the drive down to the hotel is quite a drive through tree lined road. once there it is so worth he journey,we stopped for coffee the first time we came across the hotel and then on our next break we stayed there. Once inside its very homly rooms overlooking the moor are so good. the food was wonderful and all stsaff very helpfull

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Very good but maybe a little pricey”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the second time I've been to Prince Hall and again I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I was there with my girlfriend to celebrate our engagement. The service you receive once you get there is excellent. They whisk you into the lounge for a pre dinner drink and canapes and you can relax in front of the fire in big comfy armchairs.

Now the food. I'm afraid the amuse bouche was pretty odd. It was a perfectly cooked prawn on top of some tasteless, unseasoned cous cous. I then had the duck breast starter which was lovely and then the turbot which was equally excellent, although a v small portion. My girlfriend's dishes were also excellent. Then the pudding. I had some sort of toasted or burnt custard (I think it was called) with chocolate ice cream. I must say this was poor. The custard tasted of nothing and the chocolate ice cream overpowered everything. It looked dull and tasted the same. Surely they could have done more with it to make it look apetising?

I think the pricing is very toppy. Yes you are in a lovely location and I suppose those staying there are trapped as there's nowhere else to go. But at £40 a head excluding service and coffee, it's michelin prices and when 1 of the 3 courses wasn't up to scratch, it does burn a little.

I will go back but perhaps not in a hurry.

• Visited September 2012