“Coach trip party of 23 on way back from Barbstable.”
Review of Lord's Cafe & Tearooms - CLOSED

Lord's Cafe & Tearooms
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stopped at Lords on the way back from a day out at atlantic village, with in 10 or 15 minuits of us arriving at the cafe all 23 of us had our meal it, was very nice and the staff very friendly. Would stop there again. Glenholt park residence.

Vera J, Owner at Lord's Cafe & Tearooms, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you very much for your comment ,you were all a pleasure to serve and we will be very pleased to see you again in the future,Once again thank you for choosing lords to all at Glenholt

Reviewed March 16, 2014

During my recent holiday in Devon, I discovered a fatastic place in Princetown, with a fantastic atmosphere and friendly staff. I enjoyd a simply delicious English Breakfast and a Decent size Coffee, and both were excellent. Vera and co were all very accomodating, even though I had my dog with me.
Not one thing that i experienced was a problem, and I would thoroughly reccomend Lords to anybody.

Vera J, Owner at Lord's Cafe & Tearooms, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for the comment you have just sent also for all the comments we have had we appreciate all comments and hope to see you all again.Thanks once again from The owner of lords Cafe.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Visited at New Year. We were the only customers and they were thinking of closing as there were few people about, weather absolutely awful.

Lovely welcome (from Vera?) they could have just sent us on our way. Gave us the table by the radiator to get warm. There was no rush even though it was not worth their while to stay open.

Food good, but not great, but hey ho it wasn't a good day. Don't let this put you off. Will go back again when the weather is better.

The average rating probably not quite fair. Somewhere between average and very good

Vera J, Owner at Lord's Cafe & Tearooms, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comment ,we are pleased you always enjoy the food and service and also for bringing your family and friends ,the staff and myself always appreciate customer reviews ,hope to see you in the future once again thank you ..

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We always have a nice welcome from Vera and the ladies. The meals are very nice they are always piping hot ,the puddings are great my wife loved the sticky toffee pudding and mum enjoyed the bread and butter pudding the homemade crumbles are lovely too. My wife and myself try to visit when ever we are in the area or we have people down for a visit. Once again I must say that the service and staff are great.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Once again the High Moorland Womens Institute provided a fantastic free lunch for the OAP's of Princetown. They reserved Lords Restaurant for the second year running for this occasion.
The food, traditional turkey dinner, followed by Christmas pudding and clotted cream and mince pies. The local police team served the wine and joined in with the local vicar to lead the after lunch Christmas Carols. The vicar was on top form with his innumerable jokes including his opening introductory apology for being unable to obtain the Three Tenors and having to settle for the Three Coppers. Bob and Vera, owners of Lords were all attentive as were their staff. Well done everyone. I'm already looking forward to Christmas Lunch 2014!! If you are in Princetown and fancy a cuppa or something a bit more substantial, do call in.