“Friendly, reasonable cafe food... Awful line green decor!”
Review of Fox Tor Cafe

Fox Tor Cafe
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Princetown
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Serve good hearty home cooked food including all day breakfasts and filling dinners. Catering for those in all walks of life, muddy boots and paws welcome! We also offer bunkhouse accommodation and have cycle hire too. Please see our website for more details.
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Friendly, hospitable, reasonable cafe food , open fires in the winter but HORRIFIC LIME GREEN COLOURED WALLS, WHY??? It's AWFUL !!! as unnatural and un relaxing as you could of chosen in your location. Just simplify it; it's really 'in your face' and garish... A simple mistake in a nice little cafe.

2  Thank GoldenSparkly
dave-foxtorcafe, Owner at Fox Tor Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you for your comments. You know what they say "variety is the spice of life" and we cannot please everybody all of the time. Whilst our decor is clearly not to your taste, in three years yours is the first negative comment but we will obviously bear it in mind when we re-decorate.
Thanks for your visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I went here after a walk on the moor and had the large breakfast. This really is large and we had trouble finishing it. It was so good we went back on Sunday after another walk even though it was nowhere near Princetown to have the pasty and chips. Overall great grub, great value and great staff.

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Often pop in when I'm having a wander around the moors. Food is exactly what you expect with good fresh ingredients. They even dress the side salad which is a major plus for a cafe. Always have a few specials on the board so your not tied to breakfast style items that form the staple menu choices. Additionally, you do get an extra pot of hot water with your tea, I've stopped going to places that don't do this because I like a few cuppas when I'm resting after a hike. They have magazines to read and a nice warm fire. You'll like it if you visit, good mix of locals, workers and tourists means you can always have a laugh here if your sociably minded.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I had walked about 8 miles on the moors with my dog. I was hungry and in need of some warmth.
This place fitted the bill. For a start it's Dog friendly. It's got a lovely fire burning.
I only ordered a Bacon Roll and Tea but it was delicious. It was a hot and generous sized bap with plenty of bacon. One of the staff gave my dog a treat too! They even had free wifi so I could check the football scores on my phone!
My only criticism was the queue. I arrived at a busy time and had to wait for 10 minutes. Otherwise a faultless experience.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

What else do you want from a café... they do all day breakfasts which are yummy, lunch and dinner menu's. They also do a number of very lovely cakes and scones and also cater for the gluten intolerant folk. They have proper coffee and also sell wine and beer. For tourists they do bike hire and have a bunk house and are always welcoming and friendly.