“Enchantin museum”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Enchantin museum”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

At first the Museum of Dartmoor life looks very small but when you actually visit it for such little money the museum actually has a lot to offer on 3 floors. You would need at least a couple of hours to visit and there is a lot of amazing and quirky history of Okehampton and West Devon there a must to see!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Barcelona20

Windsor, Berkshire
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Very Interesting”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It was a very wet day when we were in Okehampton and we needed something to do in the dry. We stumbled upon this museum at about 3.30 in the afternoon (last admission 3.45, closes 4.15). We decided to go in and were greeted by a friendly lady who said she was happy to stay on if we were longer than the closing time allowed. It was very interesting (more for my husband than for me) and we left about 4.20 as we didn't want to keep the lady waiting.

As I have a disabled grandson (although not with us at the time), I was delighted to see that they had a disabled lift which must have been a big outlay for such a small concern. These lifts make such a difference to wheelchair bound people and I told the lady how pleased I was to see it.

A very enjoyable experience, to be highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
6 Thank Portley11
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Professional, interesting museum”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Despite looking like a small building this is a fairly large museum, and very good value for the entrance price. The exhibits are well put together in the different rooms.

I didn't go with children but there seemed to be plenty to do for kids. The staff were polite and left me to nose around by myself.

Would definitely recommend checking out this museum if you are in the area.

4 Thank Lionfletch666
Crawley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“very interesting”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Also visited our friends who live in Tavistock, and also a trip to the coast

Visited June 2012