“Two for one!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vines Pizzeria
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Okehampton, United Kingdom
“Two for one!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were very lucky to try Vines on a Wednesday night, when pizzas were two for the price of one.
My seafood pizza was far too salty, but my wife's mushroom pizza was very good.
Staff had to be reminded of 2 for 1 deal.
Nice decor, clean, good atmosphere.

Visited July 2011

Okehampton
“Great pizza”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Very good pizza for a small town pizzeria with lots of tasty options. The prices are keen although they also have 2-4-1 nights which are certainly worth taking advantage of.
The restaurant is small and so I would recommend booking especially at weekends.

• Visited May 2012
uk
“Pasta in the bar.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The pizzeria was full, but they provided the pizzeria menu in the bar of the White Hart. Excellent food at a reasonable price. Friendly staff.

Visited May 2012
Devon
“Nice Pizza - Nice Price”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We have eaten several times at Vines, always with pizza featuring prominently. The food is good, but fairly straightforward and unpretentious. Prices are good too, especially if you go on a night when they do special offers. My only mistake was to order a pudding, which was also good but took an eternity to arrive.

• Visited October 2011
London
“Nice little local Italian”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I visitied Vines Pizzeria a couple of nights ago with my parents. They've just moved to Okehampton and as I was down for the weekend we thought we'd check out the local eateries. There didn't seem to be many options in Okehapmton other than pubs, so we were keen to try this place, which is connected to the White Hart Hotel. I was a little unsure about it after reading the previous review, but please don't be put off by that. The reviewer obviously chose an unfortunate time to visit when they were having trouble with the oven.

It's got a pleasant rustic interior, and the building itself is quite old - possibly an old stables with original beams in the ceiling. The service was friendly and efficient, and the menu, though not extensive, had a good choice of pasta, pizza, main course salads and risotto. We all went for pasta (we'll try the pizza next time). The homemade lasagne was rich and cheesy and came with a large salad on the side. The tagliatelle with chicken and gorgonzola was equally good - a creamy sauce with a whole pan fried chicken breast. The tomato sauce with my spaghetti with meatballs was slightly bland, but the meatballs were delicious. It did take a while for our food to arrive, but it was all cooked to order and all the meals arrived together and piping hot. My mum went for sticky toffee pudding for dessert, and it was very tasty and obviously homemade. The wine list offers a selection of very affordable wines - we had a nice Sicilian Catarratto for 12.95 (GBP).

Despite being a Friday night it was half empty. I'm not sure why all the locals are not flocking here. Perhaps it's busier in the tourist season. I hope so - I'd really like to see this place succeed. I'll certainly be coming back.

• Visited November 2011