“Fantastic !”

Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Modbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ate here on 2nd September, very friendly service, food cooked to order.
Landlord apologised for the wait - but when good food is cooked to order it is always worth the wait - far better than 5 mins in the micro !
HAND CUT CHIPS!!!
Why is it so difficult for so many others to make a meal out of making a meal ??

Beer excellent too.

10 out of 10

There are newer reviews for exeter inn

Reviewed September 1, 2013

brilliant place to eat and stay highly recommend great service and friendly staff will be staying again

Reviewed August 23, 2013

A wonderful old pub, friendly service, good food that is value for money, FANTASTIC THATCHERS, great music.
Good fun as we bumped into a couple that week-end that had stayed on the same week-end of our previous visit..
Many thanks to Phil, Nicky & the team, third time we have stayed & will be back before Christmas again this year for a quick week-end get away.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Super dog friendly pub in Modbury, served a super Sunday lunch. and we returned for more.
Lovely pub garden too.

1  Thank CamillaW1965
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have driven through Modbury on many occasions and tonight we finally stopped to have some dinner in that lovely looking pub we always pass - the Exeter Inn. The menu outside looked nice and the building looks inviting, however... I've seldom been greeted more hostile than in this pub. The young lady behind the bar ignored me for nearly to minutes and then exhaled a '..yes..' to me. So much for good evening or alike. I asked for two drinks and when she had finished pouring them, 2 menus. 'We don't serve food sunday night' was the answer I got. No apologies, just that. She then added 'it says it on the board outside' with a hint of arrogance and annoyance. Disappointed that I just bought 2 drinks for no reasons, I turned to my table finished them - with the bartender repeating herself 'it does say outside' and walked outside. I just decided to see if I could see this alleged sign. She was right, it does say we don't serve food on Sunday evening, only, the board is turned the wrong way around: facing the wall instead of the street. It would've been impossible for us to know. To help the bartender having to send away more customers that evening, I decided to go inside and raise this fact. I calmly and friendly suggested that the sign is turned the wrong way around. Her reaction then, is why I'm writing this review. She rolled her eyes, turned her hand in a 'I couldn't care less, no go away' way and told me 'well, we still don't serve food tonight'. I think this was such a embarrassing display of customers service (I work in the industry) and felt treated with such disrespect, that this is a unfortunate but correct platform to share my experience. I don't want to stop anyone from going, but sure hope that someone at the Exeter Inn reads this and trains the staff to handle these situations a bit better.

3  Thank Michael R