“Worth investigating - yes !”

The Horse and Groom
Ranked #14 of 39 Restaurants in Ivybridge
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The food is excellent we can thoroughly recommend the Josh Rogan curry, the menu offers such delights as Moulles Mariniere and steaks with delicious sauces, apart from other appetizing options. We have eaten there whenever our journey takes us past the pub at lunchtimes, and understand there is often live entertainment in the evenings which suits all tastes.
The publican is friendly and with family assistance cooks the meals and takes a pride in their customer satisfaction. If you want a local pub with no frills, good food, good ales, good prices and a welcoming approach, you can do no better than this hostelry.
Where we live we wish we had such a friendly pub with good food but sadly we have to travel further afield to experience the welcoming ambience.

6  Thank gina s

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The experience was a bit of a surprise. From the outside you may think of passing by but what a mistake that would be!
There is a very good choice of drinks and food all at reasonable prices. The food is absolutely excellent and I believe most if not all is home made. Why can't other modest pubs give such a choice from steaks to specials freshly prepared. It's a family run pub and therefore you don't need to go only when the "head chef" is cooking like some pubs.
There's a roaring fire when it's the appropriate weather and some entertainment occasionally. Whilst it seems to be mainly frequented by locals you really should give it a try if you are hungry and want a good meal or a good pint.

3  Thank Robin1414
Reviewed December 12, 2012

An excellent selection of local real ales available and a varied menu of home cooked food providing excellent value for money.

4  Thank tomtite
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Food OK and friendly enough but can be quiet. Gaining a reputation though for live pub music. Check it out on You Tube.

2  Thank Jannerbloke
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I'm nine years old and I live near here. The only reason I came was because my freind lives there, I wasn't expecting it to be very good. I went with my friends and to be honest the food was very good and it came pretty quickly so I wasn't expecting it to be very nice food but as I've already said it was. The only thing lacking in the pub is the atmosphere. It's never very busy and there is not much going on, so that was the only thing that let the food place down.

4  Thank HarryGFC9