“very welcoming would stay again great wedding reception venue”

The Sportsmans Inn & Ivybridge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Ivybridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2011

it was our daughters wedding. when we arrived the owner was there to greet us we felt at ease and made to feel very welcome. The food was fantastic all three courses were tasty and hot..the evening buffet wow all i can say is well done to the chef and kitchen staff.The waitresses and bar staff were extremely professional friendly and helpful.Our bedroom decorated beautifully it was very clean. The owners have in my opinon a very dedicated team of staff. Thankyou for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jenandchris17
There are newer reviews for The Sportsmans Inn & Ivybridge Hotel

Reviewed July 5, 2011

The sportsman inn is a welcoming pub & inn. The rooms have been freshly renovated so the previous reviews that mention bad quality can be proven to be wrong. There is entertainment for everyone. Tina Turner tributes one night, Jazzy Piano players the next and to finish the weekend off, a fabulous comedian. I stayed there with my family and we had a great time, the entertainment was a brilliant piano player playing a variety of genre's including some oldies. I enjoyed my stay, and will be back again in august.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CKCap
Reviewed May 2, 2011

went for a family birthday meal, when we went to order our main meal firstly no chicken left then no duck left one of our party is a coeliac so there was not alot she could eat even though we checked in advance to see if there would be sufficient food for her. one of our party ordered rib-eye steak chips and peas, when the meal was brought to the table we were told( wait for it)!!! no peas left ,opted for green beans when they finally arrived they were cold and not cooked properly, the steak was more like a piece of rubber full of sinue running right through it , which could not be eaten, one of the party asked for lamb chops with mint cooked rare it was also so tough that could not be eaten either, so decided to order sweets we wanted to order the bluberry cheesecake only to be told that that was not available either , decided to order coffee, cant go wrong we thought but lo and behold no cappucino as the machine had supposedly broken down. all in all excellent company had a brilliant laugh but sadly the food needs a lot to be desired my suggestion would be to employ a chef who can cook, and also order in enough food to cope in a restaurant /hotel of this size. as it was a bank holiday more thought should be put into the amount of food that they order from their supplier.Would i recomment this restaurant? i leave it up to you!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank kizzy_11
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We stayed for the weekend for a family birthday
We were asked to let the owner Bill know what we thought as apparently there had recently been a big refurbishment
We found the rooms to be very tastefully decorated, with extra touches like bottles of local mineral water as well as tea and coffee with chocolates and biscuits.
The meal in the restaurant was wonderful
My young daughter tried steak for the first time and is now hooked thanks to the tenderness of the meat and the helpfulness of the chef in suggesting the best way for it to be cooked for her.
Great wine to complement the gorgeous steak and live music that wouldn't have been out of place in top London establishments.
Over all a great weekend
We will definitely be back

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank MrsThommo
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Had my birthday here family came up from Truro and st austell in Cornwall and stayed in the hotel said very comfortable and clean had a good bash staff were fab . thank you to everyone at the Sportsmans for making my birthday special. thanks to Jo who made my birthday cake which was beautiful and tasted lush and the kitchen staff for yummy food.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sam_down2
Reviewed February 22, 2011

A friendly team led by a very charasmatic leader who are totally customer focused.
This hotel is big enough to complete with major nationals & small enough to care.
The food menu & quality is surprisingly excellent and without any doubt offers real value for money.
Gentlemen can expect a fine selection of local & national ales & the
ladies can enjoy a vast selection of fine wines. Children are also catered for with regard to food & beverages.
When visiting Devon either to stay or visit drop off & experience this local Inn for youselves.
It all that it offers the Sportsman Inn really does offer value for money.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank pez7094
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I travel frequently on business and have stayed at many hotels. I would recommend this hotel as being one of the best in its class. The rooms are clean are much better than the hotels star rating implies. I dined in the reasonably priced restaurant most days and I really liked the comedy and entertainment themed areas of the restaurant. I would have liked to have seen a wider choice of vegetarian meals.

The service at reception and in the restaurant could not have been more attentive and welcoming. Unusually for a hotel, I had the pleasure of being introduced to many of the staff by name. It is the staff who take this hotel from good to outstanding. During my stay I was greeted by Bill the owner, along with Mike, Sharon, Jo, and Nic of the the chefs. The chefs, bar staff and chambermaids whose name I didn't catch were all equally good and it was clear to see that they all had a great rapport with their customers.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Sportsmans Inn and Ivybridge Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DarrenHarrop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivybridge
The Smithaleigh Hotel
Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa
The Anchor Inn
The Anchor Inn
#1 of 6 in Ivybridge

Been to The Sportsmans Inn & Ivybridge Hotel? Share your experiences!