“Great food !”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Olde worlde inside with rustic beams and carvings, huge windows across one side plus log burning stoves and open fires. Fantastic carvery with a massive choice of veg, plus two meat choices. We are vegetarian and can recommend the nut roast, the portion is large and comes with veggie gravy it's cooked to order and takes about 10 minutes, then you can go up to the carvery and add the other items to your plate, other food choices are good and home made. Staff are polite and helpful. Puddings are yummy, but limited choice. Ample parking and easy access to A38. Friend have had a wedding in the function room and it was well organised, with great food.

1  Thank Jo W

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We visited twice during our stay with family and both times the food was really good pub food! Nothing fancy but basic and really cheap which suited our needs at the time. Both visits I had the cheap steak meal and both times it was cooked perfectly and really good. The staff are very friendly,the ale selection great and resonably priced. What more could you want?

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times. The steak offer is amazing. Great meat and so cheap you can't go wrong! Carvery also has a very good reputation but I never had the chance to try it

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Best Sunday roast in the area. Veggies all fresh and not just boiled up but prepared with added ingredients. Definitely worth a visit if you can find a table!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you are looking for cheap and cheerful options, then this place does that. You simply get what you pay for and my roast chicken was tasty but I did miss the veg. The pub itself has a very cosy relaxing atmosphere even with the hideous stuffed animals! (big turn off for me when I am eating so I faced in another direction!) Don't think I would go as far as recommending for families though.

9  Thank famishedmum