The hotel is fairly easy to find but a bit tricky on the narrow road up through the village. Worth the effort though for a quiet, comfortable hotel with great food in the Tiger Bar and the restaurant. Good selection of beers and spirits and great tea and coffee served in the comfortable lounge area. All the staff were really friendly and helpful. Not cheap but we went to the Punch Bowl in Cumbria last year that pretends to be better and costs more but isn't as good as this. Buckfast Abbey is worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This highly rated country house hotel is set in 11 acres of private land within the boundaries of the Dartmoor National Park. The hotel has its own flock of hens busy laying eggs for breakfast and there is an overall sense of calm and relaxation around the hotel. Award winning food is served in the main Restaurant whilst the Blue Tiger Inn with its large sun terrace offers more informal dishes of excellent quality. Emphasis is on local produce and homemade creations. Lovely cream teas can be enjoyed in one of the comfortable lounges. Beautiful new Spa opened in 2015 with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, fitness suite and indoor pool. Awarded Gold for Spa and Wellness Experience in South West Tourism's 2017 awards. 3 treatment rooms also available offering a range of luxury treatments. Located in the Dartmoor National Park, yet only 4 miles from the A38 making Ilsington and ideal place for exploring South Devon. Included in the Good Hotel Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ilsington Country House Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilsington Country Hotel
- Best Western Newton Abbot
- Hotel Ilsington Country
- Ilsington Country House Hotel And Spa Dartmoor National Park